The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is a business development initiative developed by Heifer International and administered by Wennovation Hub with the goal of identifying, fostering, and aiding innovative, relevant, and technology-driven agric-centric firms to grow, expand, and thrive. The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is a business development initiative developed by Heifer International and administered by Wennovation Hub.
Candidates must be early-stage or growth-stage youth-led agritech businesses/companies with unique solutions that have a large effect on smallholder farmers.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 on the last day for submissions to the AYuTe Nigeria competition.
- Be a youth with creative ideas that advocate the agriculture industry.
- Have ideas that have been proven to alleviate societal issues and that are implementable, technically possible, economically sound (affordable), and ecologically pleasant (eco-friendly).
- Possess Nigerian nationality and formal identification (national identity card, permanent voters’ card, or International Passport).
- Get ready the venture’s financial statements.
- Be the founder or co-founder of the firm represented in the competition and actively participate in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal history of corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, crime, or other offenses.
- Possess the potential to collaborate and form partnerships with other stakeholders.
The company must have:
- Registered/incorporated with the appropriate Nigerian government agencies
- The capacity to expand and affect a large number of smallholder farmers, including documented evidence of an impact on smallholder farmers’ revenue and/or operations.
- The potential of reducing poverty and generating jobs
- Alignment with pertinent international agreements and national programs (such as the SDGs)
- An identified technology advancement that solves the following issues for smallholder farmers:
- Productivity of small-scale farmers
- income of small-scale farmers
- Operations’ labor requirements
- Strong competitive advantage
Applicants for the Challenge can expect the following benefits:
- Coaching and mentorship, tailored to the top five finalists, to help them translate their training into business implementation.
- Technical help at various levels of the challenge to develop the MVP and the start-up’s commercial and financial model
- Links to financial and investment possibilities
- Networking opportunities to demonstrate your idea and connect with investors and other stakeholders
- A total of $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners:
- The grand prize is $10,000.
- First Runner-Up: $6,000
- Second Runner-Up: $4,000
- The application period will run from 17th July to 31st July.
- The top 10 agritech innovators will thus be identified, and the top five agritech innovators will be identified in the subsequent stage.
- At a pitch and awards presentation, the top three businesses will be awarded cash prizes.
Before you begin your registration, please have the following materials ready:
- Soft copy of any National Official ID (national identity card, international passport, driver’s license, or temporary/permanent voters’ card)
- Soft copy of a clear headshot photo
For More Information,
Application Deadline: 31st July 2023