We are excited to let you know that the Dag Hammarskjold Foundation for Journalists is currently accepting applications from working journalists for its fellowship program in the year 2023.
The fellowships are open to journalists working in radio, television, print, and online media who are between the ages of 25 and 35 who are interested in attending the 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York to report on international issues during the first ten weeks of the session. There will be provisions made for travel, lodging, and a daily stipend while in New York City.
Who is eligible for a fellowship from the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation for Journalists?
- Are indigenous to one of the emerging nations of Africa, Asia (including Pacific Island states), Latin America, or the Caribbean.
- Currently residing in and contributing to the media of a developing country
- between the ages of 25 and 35 respectively.
- It is essential to possess a strong command of the English language in order to participate in news conferences held by the United Nations and to read the numerous papers that are only available in this language.
- professional journalists working for newspapers, broadcast networks, or online publications in the present day. We welcome applications from both full-time and freelance journalists alike.
- Have received authorization from their respective media organizations to spend up to three months in New York City reporting from the United Nations.
- Get assurance from the media companies they work for that the reports they submit while participating in the Fellowship will be used and that they will continue to be compensated for their services after the Fellowship has ended.
Presented on a yearly basis? Yes
Eligible Countries include developing nations from Africa, Asia (including those from the Pacific Islands), Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Scheduled Location: New York, United States of America
Type: Fellowship for Professional Achievement
The number of fellowships has not been determined.
The value of the fellowship is as follows: the Fund will pay for round-trip travel to New York City; lodgings; health insurance coverage for the period of the fellowship; and a daily stipend to cover the cost of food and other requirements. Other expenditures of a personal character, such as telephone calls, are not going to be covered by the Fund at any point.
Length of the Fellowship: the first three months of the session of the General Assembly
Application Process: Click here to apply
The application deadline is April 24th, 2023.