Female entrepreneurs are the future job creators and economic builders, and they will pave the way to achieving these goals for a brighter tomorrow by blazing new trails to get there. Participate in the De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator, an in-house initiative for women-led tech or tech-enabled enterprises making a substantial impact in waste reduction, green energy transition, water and hygiene, nature-based solutions, and biodiversity conservation.
The De Beers Group, through its ‘Building Forever’ framework for the year 2030, intends to produce a good and sustainable influence that will continue long into the future, and this endeavor is motivated by the following four goals:
- Promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct
- working in collaboration to build vibrant communities
- safeguarding the natural environment
- speeding up the procedure for providing equal opportunities
WomHub is a specialized ecosystem builder that caters to women-owned companies in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, manufacturing, and mining) industries.). Its primary mission is to foster the growth of female entrepreneurs by providing them with incubation and acceleration opportunities so that they can realize their aspirations and realize their goals.
Applications are now being accepted for the De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator, which is being run by the De Beers Group in partnership with WomHub. This is a specialized, in-residence program that is designed specifically for women-led technology or technology-enabled enterprises.
If you are a woman in South Africa, Namibia, or Botswana and have founded a technology company with a focus on a sustainable environment, you may be eligible to participate in the De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator program, which will launch in May 2023 and run for nine months as a hybrid leadership and business development opportunity. These women must have founded businesses with a focus on a sustainable environment. The topics that will be covered in the hybrid master class series are going to include the incubation of ideas and businesses, the cultivation of leadership, the acquisition of capital, and preparation for pitching, in addition to mentorship, wellness, and financial counseling.
- Women who were the primary founders or co-founders of a firm in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Mining) industries.
- All applicants need to be nationals of either Botswana, Namibia, or South Africa, and their innovations have to be based and registered in one of those countries.
- The minimum age for submission of an application is 18. The maximum age of participation is unrestricted.
- The applicant’s business or innovation can be anything new or innovative, such as a product, technology, or service, as long as it is based in STEM and has a focus on reducing waste and promoting circularity, making the transition to green energy, finding nature-based solutions, and protecting biodiversity.
- Candidates must be able to devote themselves to the entirety of the training program, which will begin in May 2023 and continue through January 2024.
Why Should I Apply?
Access to the following resources will help us accomplish our goal of expanding already successful technology businesses:
- In-depth understanding of the sustainability efforts being made on the African continent, including both the issues and the projects
- Personalized educational and professional growth opportunities that are specifically designed to meet the requirements of the Founder.
- Ability to gain access to mentoring, industry knowledge, and cutting-edge technical capabilities
Please visit This Link in Order to Submit Your Application. Deadline: March 31st, 2023