The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a scholarship that is normally given to one exceptional female student for each academic year. This scholarship covers the recipient’s complete tuition fees. The student must be a national of and a resident of a developing country that is eligible for the scholarship, and they must be enrolled in a program that is offered by the Faculty of Health and Biological Sciences at Swansea University.
Criteria for Eligibility: In order to be considered, applicants must:
- have at least a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or comparable qualification
- have a conditional offer to enroll in Swansea University’s Faculty of Human and Health Sciences’ appropriate full-time postgraduate-taught master’s degree program in order to qualify for this scholarship.
- fulfill the English language ability levels outlined under their condition of offer as well as those outlined within the requirements of the UKVI.
- must be a woman.
- must be a first-year student at Swansea University and must demonstrate both high academic aptitude and financial need in their application.
- be a citizen and permanent resident of one of the nations that the World Bank classifies as having “low income” or “lower-middle income” as of July 1, 2021. These nations are known as EFD-Eligible Countries.
Countries that qualify include:
Afghanistan, Gambia, The Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic, Malawi, Uganda, Erit Micronesia, Federated States of Tonga, Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia, and Samoa
Study Areas That Are Acceptable:
Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry)
Master of Science in Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology)
Master of Science in Child Public Health
Master of Science in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health
Master of Science in Cognitive Neuroscience
Master of Science in Genomic Medicine
Master of Science in Healthcare Management
Master of Science in Health Data Science
Master of Science in Health Informatics
Master of Science in Long-Term and Chronic Conditions Management
Master of Science in Medical Radiation Physics
Master of Science in Nanomedicine
Procedure for Applying for the MSc:
The application form can be downloaded from this link: Request for Applications to the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
If you have any questions about the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, you may send an email to EFDScholarship@swansea.ac.uk.