F5 is dedicated to assisting in the development of tomorrow’s female innovators and leaders to come through our (STEM) Education Grants by supporting initiatives that enhance access to STEM education and job possibilities for girls and women of color.
- A one-time $50,000 USD grant will be given.
- This grant does not have any reporting obligations.
- Grant funding has no restrictions.
Organizational & Eligibility Requirements:
- The nonprofit organization must have been in existence for at least three years as a legally registered charity organization as defined by the country in which it operates or as financially supported by a legally registered charitable organization.
- The nonprofit’s primary priority must be on improving access, capacity building, career development, or other similar activity with the objective of boosting the presence of women of color in STEM education, particularly in the technology industry.
- The award recipients must be predominantly (>50%) women of color and/or girls of color.
- Organizations must have a functional website. Please keep in mind that social media does not match this website criterion.
- CAF America, F5’s foreign grant-making partner, will undergo an Enhanced Expenditure Responsibility (EER) procedure for charities headquartered outside of the United States. The funding will be conditioned on the EER procedure being completed and approved. F5 will cover the EER payments.
- Organizations with written policies that purposefully discriminate against persons based on their gender identification or sexual orientation are ineligible for funding.
Eligibility: All countries are eligible to apply.
- The grant registration will be open from July 14, 2023, through August 18, 2023, at 11:45 p.m. PST.
- Each candidate will be notified of grant status in October 2023.
- Grant transfers will begin in October 2023 to chosen grant partners.
Method of Application
All grant applications must be electronically submitted. The application cannot be saved and resumed later. As a result, we recommend that candidates consider the following questions before completing the application. The maximum character count for the application is 200,000. The application must be filled out entirely in English.
For more information,
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023