The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU YVC), which was founded in 2010, is a premier continental youth leadership initiative that recruits, prepares, and deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU Member States to work as professional volunteers for a year.
Values for AU
- Respect for Diversity and Teamwork
- Consider Africa Transparency and accountability are priorities.
- Integrity and objectivity
- Effectiveness and professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Exchange
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants:
1. A citizen of an AU Member State who resides on the continent or in the Diaspora.
2. Must be between the ages of 18 and 35 after serving a year.
3. Possess a postsecondary credential (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.). 4. Available in 2023/24 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service.
5. Ready to settle and work in another AU Member State.
6. Is skilled in at least one of the official languages of the United Arab Emirates (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili, Spanish).
7. Possesses a minimum of one year of professional job experience as well as a year of verified volunteerism.
Good interpersonal skills, proficiency in one of the official working languages of the AU (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili), and fluency in another AU language(s) are all advantages. Proficiency in one of the AU officials’ working languages is preferred.
Commitment to work; clear communication skills; clear writing skills; ability to coexist peacefully in a diverse workplace; ability to write simply and succinctly have the greatest moral principles.
Rewards for Volunteers
Successful candidates will have their pre-deployment training and subsequent volunteer deployment expenses fully covered by the African Union Commission and its partners.
The advantages & possibilities enjoyed by African Union Youth Volunteers include:
- One-of-a-kind chance to participate in the African Union’s highest-level policies and initiatives
- Develop relationships with Young African Leaders from all around the continent
- Return economy flight to the deployment location
- A living allowance is paid each month.
- Access to medical insurance
- the AU Service Passport
- After successfully completing a year of service, a separation allowance is given.
- Opportunities for training and mentoring
Application submission instructions:
1. Go to careers.au.int, click on the AUYVC post, then access the AU careers website.
- If you are a registered user, log in.
- If you haven’t already, register as a user.
2. Finish the application form by entering your personal data.
3. Include the following files:
- Your most recent professional CV (no more than three pages).
- Your passport’s or national ID’s bio page
- A copy of the certificate for your highest level of completion (transcripts are not acceptable).
- Include a recommendation letter attesting to your abilities that is (no more than two years old) attributes of leadership (in the manifesto folder)
4. Include a cover letter. The following questions should be answered in your cover letter:
- Why do you wish to volunteer for the African Union as a young person?
- What qualifies you as the ideal applicant for AUYVC?
- What expertise do you contribute to the AUYVC and your
5. Go through your application and submit it before Tuesday, September 19, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EAT.
Just a reminder:
- Late and incomplete applications won’t be taken into account
- Only those who are chosen for interviews will be notified
- Giving inaccurate or partial information will result in automatic disqualification, according to clause iii.
*Disclaimer: Please take notice that the African Union never requests or charges application processing fees.
Notification: Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, September 19, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EAT.
To Find Out More.
September 19, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EAT is the deadline for applications.