Africa has the world’s largest youth population, with 70% of sub-Saharan Africa below the age of 30. This significant proportion of young people presents a promising prospect for growth in the continent. However, this potential can only be completely fulfilled if the upcoming generation are empowered with the holistic skills and knowledge required to reshape the African narrative. Equipping young people with relevant leadership skills is not merely a question of inclusion, but one that is vital for economic growth, innovation, peace, and security. It is the key to safeguarding our collective future and the pathway to realizing the Africa of our dreams.
Leaders of Leaders (LoL Africa ) is a bespoke remote leadership fellowship designed to equip young African dreamers, and doers with hands-on leadership skills to lead change in their communities. This is a youth-by-youth/young-at-heart program targeted at aspiring leaders, activists, and impact entrepreneurs across Africa.
- Acquire practical lifelong skills in leadership, project management, and social innovation
- Access to personalized mentorship
- Opportunity to launch your career as a sustainable development advocate
- Join a community of Africa’s young changemakers
- Open to young aspiring leaders, activists, and impact entrepreneurs across Africa.
- Commitment to leading change in your community
- Fellows are expected to conduct community-based projects focused on equipping other young people with practical leadership skills and frameworks using the Bluvard Leadership course
- Be available to attend the virtual training and carry out the follow-up community
- This is a virtual fellowship, and we advise young people to have access to the Internet to be able to complete the fellowship.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for BEI Leaders of Leaders Africa Program
- July 2023: Application opens
- August: Selected fellows are contacted
- September: Induction and fellowship begin
- October: Fieldwork
- November: Reports and Evaluation
- December: Graduation and Certification
Method of Application
For more information,
Application Deadline: July 30, 2023