In 2005, the Government of the Slovak Republic gave its approval to the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the purpose of providing financial assistance to students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists in order to facilitate their movement around the world. The provision of financial resources for the National Scholarship Plan of the Slovak Republic is within the purview of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic (NSP).
- Applicants are required to be students from other countries.
- All applicants are expected to have solid academic credentials.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the second level of higher education (master’s students), or they must have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study program by the time the application deadline rolls around;
Countries That Are Eligible: International
Masters, Doctoral Degrees, Research, and Short Courses
Award Quantity: Unknown
Amount of Award: The scholarship will cover the recipient’s living expenses (food, lodging, transportation) in Slovakia while they study, do research, or teach at a Slovak university or research institute. The recipient of the scholarship has the option of asking his or her host institution for assistance with lodging and the necessary paperwork associated with entering and remaining on the territory of the Slovak Republic, or he or she may choose to handle all of the necessary requirements on his or her own.
Length of the Scholarship: Please keep the following in mind while making arrangements for your stay in order to get a scholarship:
- commencement of one’s tenure on the scholarship:
- Students: the earliest date that you may start your stay is September 1, 2023, and the latest date that you can start your stay is April 1, 2024.
- The earliest possible start date for a residency is September 1, 2023, for doctoral students, university faculty, researchers, and artists; the latest possible start date is August 31, 2024.
- the successful conclusion of the scholarship stay
- For students, the last day of your stay must be before August 31, 2024.
- Ph.D. students, university lecturers, researchers, and artists: the latest deadline for the completion of the stay is the 30th of November in 2024.
The following is the recommended method of application:
- Application for students: one or two semesters for those who are new to the country Slovakia
- Submission of applications for Ph.D. students: one year to ten months before arrival in Slovakia
- Applications are being accepted from university professors, researchers, and artists for stays of one to ten months in Slovakia.
The application deadline is on April 30th, 2023 at 16:00 Central European Time (CET) (4 pm)