Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024 British Academy International Fellowships. This program aims to support exceptional early-career researchers in initiating an independent research career by gaining international experience. Each fellowship is anticipated to involve a distinct and safeguarded research project, with the awardee conducting high-quality, original research. The initiative is a collaboration between the British Academy and the Royal Society.
The primary goal of the International Fellowships Program is to attract and retain emerging talent in the UK while fostering a globally interconnected, mobile research and innovation workforce.
The specific objectives include:
- Attracting talented early-career researchers from abroad to establish and conduct research in the UK.
- Assisting early-career researchers in pursuing innovative and high-quality research avenues.
- Providing opportunities for acquiring and sharing new skills and knowledge through training and career development initiatives.
- Cultivating long-term relationships through networking opportunities and the International Fellowships alumni program. Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must:
- Hold a PhD, or be in the final stages of completing their PhD, with confirmation of PhD award required before the fellowship commencement.
- Have up to seven years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application, excluding career breaks but including teaching and/or industry experience.
- Be employed outside the UK.
- Not possess UK citizenship.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English.
- Present a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research proposal endorsed by a UK host researcher.
The International Fellowships provide assistance for a duration of two years, with the award granted at 80% Full Economic Cost (FEC). Candidates can request research expenses of up to £12,000 and relocation expenses of up to £8,000. Justification for the requested level of research and relocation expenses should be provided in the application.
Additionally, applicants may qualify for Alumni funding after completing their fellowship term, aimed at supporting networking endeavors with researchers based in the UK or internationally.
For Further Details:
Deadline for Applications: March 13, 2024, 17:00 GMT