Winning a Distinguished Alumni Award may boost your international profile, expand your professional networks and commercial contacts, and earn you a vacation to the UK, to name a few advantages.
Alumni must have graduated
- Within the last 15 years (i.e., 2008–2023)
- Enrolled at an officially recognized body or received a recognized degree (degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK ENIC band framework) from a UK higher education institution, either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), awarded by a recognized UK HEI, in their home country (Transnational Education: Long Distance).
Professional short courses: Alumni are only eligible if the course they took was at the degree level (or above), provided by a reputable UK university in the UK, (and they meet the rest of the criteria).
Postdoctoral researchers are not permitted.
Expanding Networks and Enhancing Success
All award finalists who are chosen receive more PR and press opportunities that help them spread their success to a wider audience. Winners of the international awards will be recognized on a large scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
There are four categories for awards:
- Science and Sustainability Award: Awarded to alumni who have excelled in the fields of science and sustainability through their careers and accomplishments, and who can articulate the breadth and depth of their contributions to society at large.
- Award for Creativity and Culture: Honors alumni who have made a profession out of the arts and culture. We are seeking people who can exhibit their artistic impact, resourcefulness, and innovation.
- The Social Action Award honors alumni who have made a significant contribution and are dedicated to bringing about good social change and improving the lives of others.
- Business and Innovation Award: – The award recognizes alumni who are actively starting and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions, or business prospects with growth potential.
- September 1, 2023: All nations are invited to apply.
- 22 October 2023: All nations’ applications conclude at 23.59 (BST).
- November–December 2023: Application shortlisting
- From December to March 2024, finalists for national-level prizes will be announced (in chosen countries; see the complete list in the entry criteria).
- National Alumni Award ceremonies (in selected nations; read entrance conditions) from December to March 2024
- From March to August 2023, finalists for the Global Alumni Awards will be unveiled and honored on social media.
- The winners of the Global Alumni Awards will be revealed in September 2024.
For further information,
Application deadline: October 22, 2023
Latest Scholarships Opportunities