These scholarships are available to applicants of all nationalities and across various research areas. They are particularly suitable for highly accomplished students who possess the dedication and enthusiasm to engage in challenging research projects within a world-leading research environment.
The fully-funded award encompasses:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- An annual maintenance stipend equivalent to the UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1,000 Research Training Support Grant per year
To qualify for this accolade, you need to:
- Have submitted a PhD program application by the specified deadline for a September 2024 commencement.
- Hold (or anticipate achieving) a first-class or 2.1 UK honors undergraduate degree (or its international equivalent).
- Ideally, possess a master’s qualification of merit or distinction (or its international equivalent).
- Demonstrate potential for academic research, which may include participation in undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, efforts to promote research to a broader audience, recognition through awards for previous work, or the establishment of collaborations with other research groups.
- Exhibit involvement in broader activities, such as outreach, volunteering, community engagement, participation in Equality, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (EDIA) initiatives, and other extracurricular pursuits.
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants must possess an offer of study at The University of Manchester before seeking this funding. Candidates are also required to:
- Satisfy the English language entry requirements stipulated by the Department to which they are applying.
- Demonstrate a history of active involvement in research, which may encompass contributions to publications or articles, efforts to promote their research to a wider audience, and recognition through awards for research or project work.
- All candidates shortlisted will receive invitations for interviews from the Faculty DDS Panel.
- Candidates will be notified via email.
- Interviews for this recruitment cycle will be conducted through Zoom.
- The Faculty DDS Panel will evaluate interviewees based on their DDS nomination form, a concise verbal presentation, and responses to interview questions.
For the 2024/25 cycle, applications will be assessed in two batches throughout the academic year until March 31, 2024:
- If the scholarship application is submitted before January 31, 2024, and the candidate is nominated by their supervisor, the interview will take place in March, and notifications of scholarship awards will be communicated by March 28, 2024.
- If the scholarship application is submitted between January 31, 2024, and March 31, 2024, and the candidate is nominated by their supervisor, the interview will occur in May, with notifications of scholarship awards sent out by May 31, 2024.
To submit your application, please click here.
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships operate through a nomination process, where the lead supervisor will assess your eligibility for nomination and provide support throughout the procedure. It is crucial to establish significant communication with the supervisory team throughout the application process, ensuring they are informed of your desire to be considered for funding. To be eligible, applicants must apply for a spot in the PhD program of their choice well in advance of the advertised funding deadline.
Comprehensive information about our research projects, along with details on how to apply for our PhD programs, can be found on the relevant department web pages.
For any inquiries, please contact:
- Sandra Kershaw
Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Tel: 0161 306 4826
• University of Manchester Postgraduate Research Admissions: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/admissions/
• School of Engineering Contact Information: https://www.se.manchester.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/
• Postgraduate Research Funding at the University of Manchester: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/funding/
• Funding Opportunities in the School of Engineering: https://www.se.manchester.ac.uk/our-research/funding/
For further details,
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024.
Top of Form