Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024 FAO Regional Volunteer Programme. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) spearheads global endeavors to eradicate hunger and achieve food security for all, ensuring consistent access to nutritious food for active and healthy living. Operating in over 130 countries with more than 195 Members, FAO believes in the collective effort to end hunger.
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme offers opportunities for individuals to contribute their voluntary efforts towards advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework, supporting the 2030 Agenda. This entails fostering more efficient, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable agricultural and food systems to enhance production, nutrition, environmental quality, and overall well-being, with a commitment to leaving no one behind.
The Programme actively engages citizens of FAO Member States in volunteer services to combat hunger, malnutrition, and food insecurity, aligning with FAO’s mission and objectives.
Reporting Structure Volunteers will report to designated supervisors.
Technical Focus Volunteers will be assigned roles relevant to FAO’s mission and initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities Volunteers will fulfill tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference (TOR) provided by the hiring office.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Proficiency in at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish), with knowledge of a second FAO language considered advantageous.
- Citizenship of FAO Member States.
- Age of 18 or older.
- Adaptability to an international multicultural setting and strong communication skills
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Orientation
- Effective Communication
- Relationship Building
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant practical or research experience in one of the organization’s fields.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please visit the FAO recruitment website, Jobs at FAO, and complete your online profile. We highly recommend ensuring that your profile is accurate, comprehensive, and includes your employment history, academic credentials, and language proficiencies.
- Applicants are required to upload a letter of motivation and copies of academic certificates to their online profile.
- Once your profile is finalized, proceed to submit your application. Please note that only applications submitted through the FAO recruitment portal will be reviewed.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your application will undergo screening based on the details provided in your online profile.
- Personal information submitted in your application may be shared within FAO and with authorized third-party organizations assisting FAO in employment support services, such as application pre-screening, assessments, background checks, and related services. Your consent will be sought before submitting your application, and you retain the right to withdraw consent at any time by withdrawing your application. In such instances, FAO will no longer consider your application.
- Applicants not selected by the application deadline who wish to remain under consideration for future opportunities are advised to reapply for subsequent calls.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: August 25, 2024