The DELTAS Africa SSACAB II Consortium is inviting full-time applications for 37 MSc, 18 Ph.D. & 7 Post-Doctoral fellowships in Biostatistics for the 2024 academic year. Fellowships are open to candidates with a strong background in Statistics, Mathematics, Additionally, qualified applicants from health science disciplines such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, and medicine who may benefit from a biostatistics degree are urged to apply.
Eligible applicants should apply for a place at one of the Consortium Partner or Collaborating Institutions.
- MSc scholarships are open to candidates with a strong background in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, and other quantitative fields. Additionally, the following are also encouraged to apply:
(1)Competent individuals from health science disciplines such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, and medicine may benefit from a postgraduate study in biostatistics.
(2) Candidates who have completed their master’s coursework and require support with their research component.
- Eligible applicants should have applied for a place at either the partner or collaborating institutions offering postgraduate biostatistics degree programs.
- The scholarship is open to nationals of low and middle-income countries in the Sub-Saharan African region who are resident in the region as per World Bank’s definition
- Applicants should be under 35 years of age to qualify for the MSc program. Applicants
- Before applying for the fellowship, applicants must satisfy the entrance standards of the individual universities offering the MSc degree.
- Wits University
- Wits Global Change Institute (GCI)
- University of Abomey- Calavi
- Moi University
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme
- University of Pretoria and South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- University Medical Center Utrecht
The MSc scholarships will cover the following for selected fellows in the 2024 academic year:
- Tuition fees and basic medical insurance.
- A stipend to help with housing and living costs each month.
- Reasonable supervision and assistance for the MSc research project.
- Travel costs to and from the academic training institution and the host research institution
Method of Application
The application process is two-fold:
- Applicants should first apply for places at their preferred host training institution. Contact information for each institution and their respective Institutional Leads is provided below.
- Separate written applications for the DELTAS Africa SSACAB II scholarship should be sent to Dr. Pascalia
Applications must provide the academic training institution with:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including relevant research and work experience
- Letter of motivation explaining why you want to pursue an MSc in biostatistics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of acceptance or application to study Biostatistics at a partner institution in the 2024 academic year
- Two confidential referee reports should be submitted immediately to the training facility.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2023