The Hasselts University Scholarship invites applications from students residing in developing countries, offering twelve scholarships for a Master’s degree in Transportation Sciences with a specialization in Road Safety. Applications for the International Course Programme (ICP) are currently open.
This scholarship program annually provides opportunities for twelve students from developing nations to pursue an MSc in Transportation Sciences, focusing specifically on road safety. The two-year program emphasizes tackling road safety challenges prevalent in developing countries.
Participants undergo comprehensive training to identify transportation and road safety concerns and devise innovative solutions through an integrative approach. The curriculum revolves around three core pillars:
- Individual factors address human behavior in traffic, including intentional and unintentional risky behaviors like drunk driving or cognitive impairments.
- Environmental aspects emphasize the creation of infrastructure that reduces crash impact and promotes safer roads.
- Societal considerations, exploring societal norms and their translation into policy and enforcement measures related to road safety
The program’s interdisciplinary nature integrates psychology, economics, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering, and more into the field of road safety.
- Monthly allowance of €1150 to cover expenses for meals, transport, personal needs, and accommodation.
- One-time payment of €150 for indirect travel costs and €850 for logistical expenses.
- Coverage for insurance, international travel, and tuition fees.
- Applicants must be under 35 years old as of January 1, 2024.
- Eligibility is limited to individuals from specific countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Interested applicants for the 2024 Hasselts University Scholarship must submit the following documents:
- Passport photo (mandatory for scholarship applicants)
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- Resume (mandatory)
- Proof of English language Proficiency (varies per program)
- Letter of Motivation (mandatory)
- Two Recommendation Letters (mandatory for scholarship applicants)
- Higher Education Diplomas
- Transcript of Records from Higher Education
- Official translations of Diplomas and transcripts of Records are required for application purposes
- VLIR-UOS Scholarship Application Form is a compulsory requirement for applicants seeking the ICP scholarship
Completing the application involves two main steps:
- Fill out the online pre-registration form with all required fields and upload the necessary documents.
- Choose “Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety (new from 19–20) (incl. ICP)” on the STUDY PROGRAMME page. Follow the instructions on the ICP page to apply for an ICP scholarship if the eligibility criteria are met. Additionally, send certified hard copies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, and a printed ICP application form via postal mail to Hasselt University.
Your application will only be considered complete upon the arrival of certified hard copies of your documents at the Admissions Office before the deadline. Late applications will not be processed.
For detailed information and application procedures,
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024