The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship aims to empower a female student from a developing country with limited access to tertiary education, providing an opportunity for postgraduate study at Durham University. Launched in 2018 as part of the 30-year celebration of women students at Hatfield College, Durham University, the scholarship is funded by alumni, friends of the College, and other supporters sharing its goals.
Hatfield College seeks to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual possessing the academic and personal qualities necessary to successfully complete a postgraduate course. The recipient is expected to serve as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, utilizing the enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s program and Durham experience for the betterment of their society upon return.
The scholarship includes:
• Full coverage of University tuition fees
• Stipend for living expenses
• Hatfield College offers fully funded accommodation options, which can be self-catered or fully catered, with mixed living arrangements
• One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, along with the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
• Settling in allowance’ upon arrival
• Coverage of UK visa cost and the UK Health surcharge.
• The scholarship does not provide funding for dependents or travel during the scholarship.
• Accommodation is provided solely for the recipient of the scholarship; dependents are not eligible for accommodation..
• Applicants must secure an unconditional place in their selected master’s program by June 2024.
• No other scholarship should be in receipt for postgraduate studies.
• Applicants should be females or identify as women.
• Citizenship in one of the specified countries is required.
The scholarship is open to students commencing their degree program in September or October 2024.
Applicants are expected to:
• Hold a relevant honors degree meeting the standard for admission to the chosen Master’s course.
• Fulfill all other course entry requirements, including the necessary English language qualification.
• Not possess a Master’s degree.
• Lack the financial means to pursue a Master’s degree in the UK.
Method of Application
Click Here to Apply
The application for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship involves two stages. First, apply to Durham University for admission to the chosen Master’s program. Second, apply to Hatfield College for consideration for a Lioness Scholarship by the College deadline of March 31, 2024.
• Stage 1: Submit an academic application with the required documentation for the selected master’s program at Durham University. Indicate your intention to seek the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship within this application.
• Stage 2: Complete the application for the Hatfield College Lioness Scholarship by submitting all required documents (Durham University offer letter, academic transcript, references, and IELTS certificate) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the College deadline on March 31, 2024.
To be eligible for the Hatfield College Lioness Scholarship, apply with the relevant documentation, including your offer letter for a program of study at Durham University, to email@example.com by March 31, 2024.
Candidates will be informed of the outcome of their Hatfield College Lioness Scholarship application by mid-June 2024.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024.