Announcing the opening of applications for the 2024 Vickie Remoe Prize in Journalism and New Media. Eligibility is limited to Sierra Leonean residents in Sierra Leone, with a special encouragement for women and individuals with disabilities to participate.
The objective of the Vickie Remoe Prize is to shine a spotlight on budding journalists and creative new media content creators for their outstanding excellence, originality, and creativity. Winners are chosen by the Vickie Remoe Prize Board, and the annual announcement of winners takes place in April.
This prestigious prize honors outstanding work in Journalism and New Media across four distinct categories: news writing, photography, broadcasting (TV), and content creation. Each category will distribute prizes evenly between male and female applicants. In the event of no submissions from either gender in a category, the prize will be carried forward to the following year. The total prize allocation for 2024 amounts to nLe. 200,000.
- Applicants should be inhabitants of Sierra Leone and possess Sierra Leonean citizenship.
- News writing entrants should have no more than five years of professional experience.
- Candidates in photojournalism, film, and content creation are excluded from the news writing category, irrespective of their experience.
- No age limit for participation.
- Women and persons facing disabilities are highly encouraged to submit their applications. However, immediate and extended family members of Vickie Remoe are ineligible, along with Vickie Remoe & Company staff and their families.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must provide their name, email, and address to the Vickie Remoe Prize.
- Confirmation of sole copyright ownership or authorization from the copyright holder for the submitted material is required.
- Entrants retain complete copyright ownership of their submissions.
- The Vickie Remoe Prize reserves the right to use submitted media for prize distribution, future publicity, and marketing for up to five years.
- The prize will not cover any costs associated with the application process, and late or incomplete entries will not be considered.
For further information and application guidelines,
Application Deadline: February 28, 2024