Co-create the 2023 Youth STEM Summit as an inspirational, influential, and inclusive event for young people worldwide.
The Youth STEM Summit Design Team is an incredible group of 9 young people worldwide. They’re making all of the critical decisions about the 2023 Youth STEM Summit to design an impactful and inclusive global event that empowers youth in STEM to tackle the world’s biggest challenges.
We’re seeking a varied group of young individuals (13 to 24 years old) with various talents and abilities. It doesn’t matter if you excel at organizing and planning events, are a social media whiz, want a new chance to practice your video editing techniques, are concerned about establishing an inclusive and accessible event, or want to collaborate with others on sharing ideas.
- Aged 13-24
- committed to our goal of encouraging young people to use STEM to address global issues
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing your skills – no previous experience organizing events is needed to apply.
- Prepared to stretch yourself and get out of your comfort zone? Planning a big event is no easy feat. However, our team will assist you every step of the way!
- Based anywhere in the world, our staff collaborates entirely remotely.
- Capable of committing to 4-5 hours each week from June to October 2023 and willing to participate in all parts of the Youth STEM Summit
The Design Team will collaborate to design the student’s STEM Summit as an impactful and inclusive 1-day virtual event that equips students worldwide with the skills, networks, and resources they need to serve as STEM changemakers.
You’ll be responsible for making choices and organizing a worldwide virtual event.
Meet the Design Team
Learn about the other members of the Design Team’s talents, cultures, and experiences, and determine how you’ll collaborate.
Design the Summit
Brainstorm, discuss your ideas, and make all important choices, including the schedule, speakers, event promotion, and attendee participation.
Build the Summit
Choose your finest ideas and begin taking action to create an outstanding Summit – anticipate acquiring many new skills along the road!
Youth STEM Summit
Welcome to the Youth STEM Summit, hundreds of young people worldwide! On the day, several responsibilities exist, from hosting to social media coverage to assisting speakers and attendance.
Evaluate the Summit
Assess the Summit’s effect, analyze what went well and what may be improved, and reflect on (and enjoy!) your Design Team experience.
- Join a worldwide network of young leaders, changemakers, researchers, and innovators.
- Gain event planning experience and learn new teamwork, communication, event management, leadership, and project management skills.
- Use the Youth STEM Summit Design Team to gain volunteering hours or to count towards external awards (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh)
- Further opportunities to be involved include speaking at other events, expressing your voice on our (and our partners’) platforms, and interviewing incredible people making a difference via STEM.
- It looks amazing on your CV/resume or university/college applications, and you’ll also receive a personalized reference from our Founder & CEO
- Most importantly, take action to truly change the world by helping to build an influential and diverse Summit that empowers youth globally in STEM to tackle the world’s biggest challenges!
Method of Application
- Step 1: Submit Your Application
- Step 2: Applications Are Assessed
- Step 3: Informal Interviews
- Step 4: Application Outcomes
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 30th May 2023, 5 pm BST (GMT+1)