U.S. Embassy of Nigeria: A diplomatic mission is a team of individuals from a single state or an international intergovernmental organization (like the United Nations) present in another state with the formal mission of representing the sending state or organization in the receiving state.
The United States Mission in Nigeria guarantees equal employment opportunities and fair and equitable treatment to all persons irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, handicap, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The U.S. Embassy in Nigeria is accepting applications from qualified individuals to fill the administrative assistant position.
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Deadline: June 7, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
The Management Section is responsible for all administrative services to Embassy Abuja and Consulate General Lagos, a mission comprising 220 USDH and 900 LE Staff with 12 other agencies. This position serves as Management Staff Aide to the Management Counselor (MC) and Management Officer (MO) and also performs the full range of logistical, administrative, and oversight duties needed to support the work and responsibilities of the supervisors and perform project work as needed. The incumbent must obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of FIVE years of experience working in an administrative, managerial, or policy-related position for the U.S. Government or a large, established multinational organization is required.
- Strong understanding of the Department’s core hierarchy and its top officials.
- Detailed knowledge of Management and Department policies and practices (i.e., gifts, vehicle use, expediter use, procurements, overtime, allowances, ethics, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. Government and Mission policies and Embassy procedures.
- This may be tested.
- Applicant MUST address the Language proficiency requirement to be considered.
- Fluency in speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be an excellent writer, both as an editor and drafter.
- Excellent command of grammar, punctuation, and spelling is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
- numerical skills are required for reviewing Representational, ORE, and Consulate vouchers.
Salary: USD 50,662/Per Year
Method of Application
Candidates who are qualified should apply by clicking the button below.
Deadline: June 7, 2023