Part of the global ArcelorMittal group, with a presence in 27 countries, ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited stands as the largest steel producer on the African continent. Our production capacity reaches 5 million tonnes of liquid steel annually, encompassing both flat and long steel in a multitude of grades and specifications. Steel remains as pertinent as ever to the future prosperity of our world. Being one of the few materials entirely reusable and recyclable, it is set to play a pivotal role in shaping the future’s circular economy. Steel will continually advance, becoming more intelligent and environmentally sustainable. At ArcelorMittal, our mission is to contribute to building a better world through the use of smarter steel.
Our Apprenticeship Programme offers candidates access to comprehensive training, combining classroom learning with practical, on-the-job experience. This program equips participants with the knowledge and skills required in their chosen trade and culminates in the attainment of a trade certificate upon the successful completion of their trade test. The apprenticeship covers various costs, including training-related expenses, personal protective equipment, payment for institutional training, on-site personal insurance, and a monthly stipend. Opportunities for apprenticeships are available at both our Vanderbijlpark and Vereeniging Operations.
- Completion of Grade 12 with proficiency in English, Mathematics, and Science
- Relevance to trade theory and an additional trade-related technical subject would be advantageous.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Driven and highly self-motivated.
- An agile thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a natural aptitude for engineering.
- Completion of the trade test does not guarantee permanent employment.
- Instrument Mechanic
- Fitter and Turner
- Mechanical Fitter
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to and successfully fulfill the apprenticeship requirements.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and rules
- Attain trade-based technical competencies.
- Comply with the guidelines of the training contract.
For More Information,
Please visit the Official Webpage.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024.