The Atlas Corps Fellowship places global professionals devoted to social impact in businesses in the United States for 12-18 months to learn best practices, improve organizational capacity, and return home to establish a network of global leaders.
For consideration for the Fellowship, Atlas Corps is inviting applications from communications and digital marketing experts. Fellows will gain experience by working at mission-driven organizations to generate compelling content, manage social media, and plan marketing initiatives to enhance exposure and engagement. These Fellows will also help Atlas Corps achieve its aim of enhancing U.S.-based organizations by bringing a global perspective and experience to the advancement of social impact goals. Candidates may use their knowledge and abilities in one or more of the following fields:
Brand and Social Media Management: Managing social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram; updating the website; developing a communications calendar; and creating a communications and engagement plan to increase brand visibility.
Content Production & Graphic Design: Writing a blog and social media posts; creating graphics for the website and social media; producing short videos; and designing communications products such as brochures, one-pagers, newsletters, factsheets, and the annual report.
Digital Marketing: Executing digital campaigns through email, paid ads, and social media; cultivating email lists; implementing audience targeting methods; tracking and analyzing communications metrics to ensure effective messaging; and creating digital toolkits.
Public Relations: Identifying press outlets; conducting press outreach; writing press releases; and gathering and amplifying press stories relevant to the organization.
Candidates must have a college degree, be fluent in English, be under the age of 35, and be dedicated to using their experience in their native nation or area following the program. Candidates should additionally have two years of communications and digital marketing experience.
Desired Eligibility Criteria: Applicants are not required to meet all of the required qualifying requirements. Competitive applicants for this position, on the other hand, will fulfill some of the desired qualifying requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Multitasker with the ability to manage several processes simultaneously and prioritize;
- Team-builder with the ability to comfortably work across teams and departments with people from around the world, as well as an ability to work with different working styles; and
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and a tolerance for ambiguity and risk.
Software experience might include (but is not limited to):
- Graphic design software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or Canva
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or TikTok
- Website management tools such as WordPress, and Squarespace with CSS & HTML skills
- Email marketing tools such as Mailchimp or Salesforce
- Other communication tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Clicktale, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, or YouTube
For More Information:
Application Deadline: July 30, 2023.