The British High Commission (BHC) fosters global opportunities and promotes trust between people worldwide.
We welcome applications from people of all walks of life and levels of expertise. We are an inclusive workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental impairment, or military service. Where it’s feasible and secure, we encourage family-friendly, flexible work arrangements.
Interested and qualified people can apply for the British High Commission of Nigeria job vacancy.
International Liaison Assistant
Deadline: May 19, 2023
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- inquiries into specific cases as directed by Home Office – International Operations.
- inquiries into specific cases as assigned by the head of the section, Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO), and other government agencies.
- To stop the flow of illegal immigrants arriving by air in the United Kingdom, as well as to locate and stop the operation of the organized crime organizations responsible.
- Support the Visa Status and Information Services (VSI) division in order to safeguard the UK visa regime’s integrity and to spot and stop organized criminal groups’ attempts to take advantage of it.
- Create operational intelligence products by gathering, interpreting, and assessing pertinent quantitative and qualitative data sources.
- Cooperate closely with local HMG partners, host government officials, and international partners to help the collection of intelligence and the launch of investigations aimed at dismantling organized crime rings.
- Hold training sessions with foreign partners
- Make presentations to local officials and foreign collaborators
- Take the initiative on projects and collaborate with non-governmental organizations to get high-quality results.
- Develop intelligence and investigations to disrupt organized criminal groups that are targeting the UK through the use of collaborative working with law enforcement partners both overseas and in the UK.
- Create intelligence and conduct investigations in order to bring down organized crime organizations that are targeting the UK.
Intelligence gathering and analysis:
- Create products for operational intelligence gathering by collecting, interpreting, and assessing relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources.
- To detect and investigate suspected organized immigration crime and to obtain evidence-based intelligence, strong problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Ensure that all pertinent intelligence is gathered, evaluated, and disseminated in accordance with the direction that has been provided.
- Establish productive working relationships with the local authorities as well as with foreign partners.
- (FCC/EU) and UK partners to provide assistance in the accomplishment of crime fighting and intelligence goals.
- Manage the flow of actionable intelligence between local law enforcement partners and peers serving in other diplomatic missions in order to identify and neutralize any threats to the United Kingdom border.
- Providing a professional representation of the Home Office Office while also cultivating productive partnerships within the wider British High Commission and with important partners from the outside.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Computer literate with Microsoft desktop capabilities (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Explorer) to the extent that you are able to: construct, utilize, and analyze sophisticated templates, tables, and data sets on Home Office and FCDO IT platforms
- Powerful verbal and nonverbal communication skills both in person and online.
- A high proficiency in both written and spoken English, as well as the ability to produce briefings and reports of a high caliber.
- Abundant abilities in the areas of organization and time management
- The ability to work under pressure with only minimal oversight.
- Qualifications, areas of expertise, and previous work experience that are highly desirable for the position
- Previous immigration, law enforcement, and analytical or investigation experience would be an advantage.
Salary: USD 1,576.87
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: May 19, 2023