IITA (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture) is directed by an ambitious vision to raise 11.5 million people out of poverty and regenerate 7.5 million hectares of agriculture by 2020. We are a non-profit organization created in 1967, overseen by a Board of Trustees, and funded by numerous nations.
As one of 15 research institutes in the CGIAR, worldwide cooperation for food security, IITA is involved in many CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our objective is to improve African food security and livelihoods via research for development (R4D).
Candidates who are interested are asked to submit applications for the role of Office Assistant, a receptionist at IITA.
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: SSCE
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- Greet, welcome guests, and direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Respond to, filter, and forward incoming calls, as well as ensure the reception area and all the conference halls are tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms, and brochures).
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Ensure facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter, debris, and weeds.
- Clean specific facility areas (including cleaning ceiling vents, restrooms, and floors), fill them with supplies, and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and report any occurring deficiencies that require repairs.
- Perform any additional tasks relating to your employment that may be assigned by your superior.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- O’level with at least two (2) years of performance-related experience in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have the ability to use different tools and types of lawn care equipment.
- Have the physical stamina to spend most of the day standing.
- Have the ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the required qualification should apply by clicking the button below.
Deadline: May 25, 2023