Chevron is an American global energy business that is Nigeria’s third-biggest oil producer and one of its major investors.
In Nigeria, we work in partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. We hold assets on land, swamps, and near-offshore concessions encompassing around 2.2 million acres (8,900 square kilometers) in the Niger Delta area.
Interested and qualified candidates are urged to apply for the Chevron Nigeria Latest Recruitment 2023.
Job Specifications: Senior Process Engineer – Autothermal Reformer / Air Separation Units
Deadline: Not Specified
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Delta | Nigeria.
We are hiring a Senior Process Engineer to cover our Autothermal Reformer and Air Separation Units. This is a contractor position, rotational, based in Escravos, Nigeria.
- Provide direct support to Operations in process monitoring, optimization, troubleshooting, process control, systems completion, and turnaround planning.
- Develop computer simulation of process systems.
- Uses Facility models, process models, and technology-specific programs to perform detailed evaluations, incorporating feedstock, product, and energy pricing to find good scenarios.
- Manage and monitor catalysts’ performance. Coordinates test runs with other units.
- Can complete a step-by-step review of operations procedures. May be required to develop start-up procedures, operating instructions, operator training guides, and job aids
- Covers general turnaround activities such as catalyst ordering, heat exchanger cleaning inspections, and vessel inspections.
- Identifies ideas for capital projects involving major new pieces of equipment. Provides Process Design Basis to a technology vendor and participates in Reviews of Engineering Contractor/Licensor work.
- Experience in all Process Hazard Analysis activities to identify Process Hazards. Fully familiar with all relevant industry standards for safety, relief, and flaring,
- A good understanding of safe design and operating practices must be fluent in the MOC process.
- Must be able to participate fully in PHAs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Educational Requirement – BSc/B Eng Chemical Engineering
- Fifteen (15+) years of direct process engineering experience in operations, design, or process safety.
- Experience in a refinery or petrochemical plant working with catalytical reactions, Air Separation, Hydrogen Production, and Auto Thermal Reforming is a plus.
- This is a rotational assignment with a multicultural workforce of many ethnicities.
- Scheduled work hours are from 06:00 to 18:00, Monday through Sunday.
- Medical facilities available are sufficient for basic health and emergency care.
- The work location is Escravos, Nigeria. Escravos is a closed camp environment.
- Escravos is an isolated swamp location located on the river coast. Living quarters are dorm-style.
Method of Application
Candidate applications should be submitted by clicking the button below if they meet the requirements.
Deadline: Not Specified