The Coca-Cola Company, the world’s largest beverage company, offers consumers over 500 sparkling and still products/brands.
Coca-Cola employees benefit from various incentives, including a comprehensive package of overall salary, benefits, well-being, and recognition.
Applications are invited from competent graduates to apply for the latest vacancy at Coca-Cola Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Tax & Accounting Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The Tax and Accounting Analyst is responsible for assisting the Legal Entity Controller for Nigeria in compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, Taxes, and Other local accounting requirements and firm accounting standards. More specifically, assist in facilitating and reviewing, extracting, analyzing, and collating information used in responses to Revenue Authorities’ audits and as routine requests for information from them. Support tax inspections/audits from the local Revenue Authorities. This role is also responsible for supporting the Controllership team and Corporate Tax Counsel in implementing new tax laws in Nigeria.
Key responsibilities will include:
Tax Compliance: 40%
- Extract information from SAP archives, and liaise with Operating Unit and Franchise Unit departments and Platform Services teams to obtain supporting information required for tax audits and authority’s request for additional information.
- Analyze, compile, and present supporting information required by routine tax authority’s information requests and audits in collaboration with Corporate Tax and EY
- Prepare the monthly VAT and Withholding Taxes, Computations, Returns, and payment requests and prepare related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger.
- Prepare the Quarterly tax computations for income tax and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger.
- Assist LEC on provisional income tax computation for quarterly reporting under USGAAP.
- Prepare annual tax calculation, return, and accompanying tax schedules for review by LEC.
- Support monthly reconciliation of tax-related GL accounts and follow up on reconciling items.
- Assist LEC in the quarterly update of the Deferred Tax listing of permanent and temporary differences for all balance sheet accounts.
- Research and respond to ad hoc tax queries and related assignments as may be allocated by the LEC
Statutory Audit and Compliance: 30%
- Own tax compliance review by EY Tax every month and quarter
- Ensure our transactions comply with standard practice and procedures of the company
- Ensure our accounting records and local financial statements are ready for statutory audit
- Ensure Balance Sheet analyses are properly and timely performed and supported.
- Provide all documentation and information required by auditors properly and timely.
- Support LEC on tax compliance review of EY, statutory audit (IFRS), and tax authority’s audit regarding the answers to queries.
USGAAP and Local GAAP Reporting: 30%
- Support the local GAAP financial statements preparation and related reviews.
- Support for quarterly review of the local GAAP financial statements and act accordingly.
- Support for interacting with other areas, such as Intercompany, Payroll, and Procure to pay teams.
- Assist LEC with the Monthly review of the balance sheet analysis, followed by applicable comments to request action plans to solve aged or incorrect items with the Operating Unit.
- Support other areas relative to company accounting issues to ensure corporate tax and legal requirements are correctly applied.
- Support LEC on the communication of Month-end and Year-end close with Genpact and IS FS Teams to meet the monthly deadlines.
- Support LEC during Internal Audits (CAD).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the Coca-Cola system or equivalent multinational environment;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) and has excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/Local GAAP and Local Tax Compliance
- Auditing experience, both internal and external
- Exhibits Development Behaviors (Empowered, Curious, Inclusive, and Agile)
- Capable of communicating and collaborating successfully across several teams
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and solve problems in a proactive manner
- Capable of following through and focusing on time-sensitive execution with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing jobs and responsibilities
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, and hard work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: Not Specified