The Coca-Cola Company, the world’s largest beverage company, offers consumers over 500 sparkling and still products/brands.
Coca-Cola employees benefit from various incentives, including a comprehensive package of overall salary, benefits, well-being, and recognition.
All competent graduates are encouraged to apply for the latest jobs at Coca-Cola Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Legal Entity Controller – West Africa
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
As Legal Entity Controller, you will be in charge of managing the accounting and tax compliance of legal entities in Nigeria and other West African countries, as well as acting as the key local Controllership business partner with the Franchise and Africa Operating Unit (OU) Leadership Teams to proactively identify and mitigate strategic and transactional accounting and tax risks.
Additionally, you will oversee compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, and other local accounting regulations and Company accounting policies. You will also protect the Company’s resources by enforcing internal controls and Company policies, enforcing statutory requirements (no fines/penalties), and continuously improving them to ensure efficient business operations.
What You Will Do For Us
Accounting and Reporting:
- Manage non-financial reporting to headquarters in Atlanta, including impairment surveys, legal reserves, payments to government officials, etc. Review monthly computation of service fees and fees & commission.
- Review the balance sheets, narratives, and profit and loss (P&L) statements for each legal entity monthly and quarterly.
- Assist the Lead LEC, Finance Director, Team from the Statutory Reporting Center of Excellence, Corporate Tax Counsel, and external auditors in completing, reviewing, and signing off on the annual financial statements.
- Ensure that items highlighted at monthly Balance Sheet Risk and Opportunity meetings are handled and addressed within agreed-upon timescales.
- Review and approve purchasing contracts as controller approver for countries covered.Plan for annual functional OPEX budget & track against actuals using rolling estimates.
- Maintain relationships with the local banking team and make requests as needed.
- Responsible for interacting as needed with other areas, i.e. Genpact Service team, Accounting Research, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax, Controllers Group, etc.
- Examine Accountant in Charge Memoranda (AICs), Standard Practices and Procedures (SPPs), and other documents that influence Coca-Cola’s operations to ensure that the financial statements are being reported correctly.
Tax mitigation, planning, and compliance:
- Proactively work with the Operating Unit/Franchise functions to mitigate all tax risks and support Commercial Finance and Franchise teams in resolving indirect tax issues (excise, customs, VAT, withholding tax, corporate income tax, and PAYE) affecting the System.
- Review & approve significant contracts, agreements, and business processes for compliance and tax efficiency.
- Maintain tax tracker and engage the OU and Atlanta corporate tax department on all tax issues arising and progress in resolving them.
- Advice on risks and opportunities arising from tax audits.
- Prepare/review monthly tax returns and follow up for timely filing with, payment to, and reconciliation with Self-Assessment Returns (SARS).
- Review of the quarterly deferred tax and corporate tax calculations. Review of the monthly VAT, withholding tax, and quarterly computations.
- Monthly/quarterly general ledger (GL) tax account reconciliations must be approved.
- Working with the Regional Controller, engage senior tax counsel, external tax consultants, and tax authorities to organize answers to all tax audits and questions within the timescales agreed upon or mandated by tax authorities.
- Work with legal and Company secretarial service providers to guarantee adherence to the Companies Act and other regional/secretarial regulations.
- Monthly/periodic review of tax authorities’ statement of accounts for all taxes to ensure payments are correctly allocated, receipt of withholding tax credit notes on bottler invoices, and any tax refunds confirmed by the treasury.
- Actively oversee the work delegated to the external adviser to ensure that the authorized budget is kept to and that the agreed-upon timeframes are reached.
Operational Control and Compliance:
- Support the quarterly Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) certification process for the Africa OU.
- Work with Franchise Finance to make sure that all pertinent Company policies and processes are properly documented, communicated, and implemented.
- Support the corporate audit department’s internal and external auditing processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, or related and registered qualified professional Accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- 5-10 years experience in applied Accounting, preferably gained in a multinational environment (Big 4 or FMCG Multinational).
- Tax Planning and Compliance.
- Strategic Financial Consulting.
- Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g., SOX, Segregation of Duties, etc.), and Auditing.
- US GAAP, IFRS, and local GAAP.
- Advanced SAP and Excel skills.
- Treasury appreciation.
- Analytical skills.
- Systems thinking.
Job Specifications: Franchise Strategy Director – North Africa and Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
This leadership position is responsible for encouraging and testing the Franchise Units as they implement the System’s growth plan and create franchise-level insights that can be put into practice.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Led the development/coordination of the Long-Range Plan (LRP) and Annual Business Plan (ABP) with Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCH) and Equatorial Coca-Cola Bottling Company (ECCBC) Group, and facilitated the collaboration between The Bottling Group head offices and our OU function heads (leading to a Long-Term Relationship Model (LTRM) with those 2 Bottling Groups).
- Led the development and alignment of a performance management system with CCH/ECCBC Group/Countries to ensure the timely delivery of strategic and tactical plans.
- Partner with Franchise Unit and Operating Unit (OU) resources to lead system end-to-end alignment process with Bottling Partners at the Group level (CCH and ECCBC).
- Coordinate with local strategy leads to localize the Franchise LRP and ABP.
- Serve as the point of contact on strategy development and performance management between CCH/ECCBC and the OU focused on developing stage/gate for work (macro-economics, industry estimates, competitive insights, LRP, ABP, innovation) + align Country teams during the process.
- Serve as the PMO for LRP initiatives to ensure delivery on time and in full, including business case development, etc.
- Pull relevant data and insights from Insights Network (Strategy Insights + Human Insights + Platform Services) across the Operating Unit and beyond to identify granular opportunities and create actionable initiatives at the franchise level, in collaboration with country strategy leads.
- Collaborate with Franchise Unit and Operating Unit Commercial & Customer Leadership to crystallize cross-franchise commercial strategies.
- Co-lead end-to-end alignment process at Bottling Partner Regional Level around overall strategy and business planning (in coordination with Finance).
- Work closely with the VP of Operations for the Franchise to orchestrate routines such as Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs), and Top to Top (T2Ts). The successful candidate will define agendas & topics to escalate / establish templates and consolidate materials, share pre-reads, pre-align/prewire bottling partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Connect the dots and, share best practices, import and export good ideas locally and globally in the Operating Unit.
- Role model the “Leadership in the Network” definition.
- Manage uncertainty and multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple top-level interactions and negotiations with senior management team members of the System (Group resources at CCH and ECCBC)
- Strong negotiation, influence, and communication skills to align strategies as well as build value-based relationships through numerous sensitive situations (directly with Bottling Partners at the Group level).
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to adjust messages to fit specific audiences
- Comfortable with indirect influencing and indirect managing/coordinating.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree essential. Master’s or MBA a bonus
- +12 years of Business and/or functional experience in Operation/Strategy/Marketing/Business Development/Consultancy related areas
- Ex-consulting experience a plus
- Proven leadership trajectory and influencing a senior leadership team
- Solid business acumen skills: to translate data and insights to help inform key business decisions
- Strategic thinking: integrate diverse business insights and connect the dots to develop a holistic approach
- Stakeholder leadership/negotiation: to drive better conversations into practical applications
- Problem framing and problem-solving: the ability to structure and coordinate-coordinate / lead cross-functional complex analysis, initiatives, or efforts
- Systemic thinking: Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts and global capabilities implementation. Being comfortable with ambiguity and willingness to challenge the status quo.
Broad expertise in:
- Synthesis and storytelling: Communicate, influence, and convince stakeholders through structured, fact base and action-oriented storytelling
- Innovation and taking a different approach
- Adaptability/flexibility: Comfortable with ambiguity
- Organization and focus: prioritize through a pragmatic fact-based approach, handling trade-offs, and balancing immediate and long-term priorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: June 16, 2023