The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, with over 500 sparkling and still brands to select from.
Coca-Cola employees receive an incentive package that includes overall salary, benefits, well-being, and recognition as Coca-Cola employees.
Interested and eligible individuals are encouraged to apply for the current position at Coca-Cola Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Category & Innovation Senior Manager, Africa
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Our mission is to develop beloved brands sustainably for a better-shared future. We seek to give cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation, design, and marketing.
- As a Category & Innovation Senior Manager (Emerging Category), you’ll work to develop annual and multi-year brand growth strategies and business plans for global brands in Africa to deliver against overall brand vision, business objectives, and financial targets.
- We’re seeking individuals with a passion for building relationships and will be proud to represent our brands, are results-driven, and have brand management and marketing in consumer-packaged goods and beverage experience.
What You Will Do For Us
- Develop Emerging Long Range (LRP) and Annual Business Plan (ABP):
- Led development of annual and multi-year brand growth strategies and business plans to deliver against overall category vision, business objectives, and financial targets
- Recommend and deliver a rolling 24-month Africa Operating Unit calendar.
- Identify new volume and profit growth areas across the full product and pack spectrum by leveraging consumer research, collaborating with functional experts eg. Revenue Growth Management and Customer and Channel teams.
Manage Performance to Target:
- Review Category Performance on a Monthly and Quarterly Basis – and Propose Adjustment plans to meet plans – including business results, CATEGORY equity tracking, in market targets such as distribution, shares, rate of sale, average price, and number of executions.
Deliver Brand Marketing Programs:
- Collaborate with internal (e.g., R&D, Supply Chain, Commercial) and external (e.g., consumers, bottlers, suppliers) stakeholders to create new and enhanced goods, packaging, and programs that fulfill consumer requirements, deliver on brand initiatives, and promote System value/business objectives.
- Uniquely in this role, specific attention is required to ensure the business has the supply chain and route to market to deliver its alcohol plans to market.
- Provide leadership, clear direction and prioritization to the Creative Strategy leads and Integrated Marketing Experience (IMX) teams to achieve the business goals.
- Partner with Frontline and Franchise to deliver the marketing programs and innovations from ideation to launch.
- Lead development of bottler capability in areas of responsible marketing & sales and commercial
Deliver Innovation Pipeline over a 3–5-year period:
- The role leads innovation development (e.g. product, package, equipment) within his/her respective category (primarily consisting of globally led brands) to ensure a robust 1 to 3-year innovation pipeline
- Works collaboratively with the global category team to bring global innovation to life within the Africa Operating Unit as well as share relevant Africa Operating Unit market data to aid in the development of global innovation.
- Working with multiple technical, commercial, and brand divisions, develops comprehensive business cases and product, packaging, or equipment-based innovations.
- In partnership with technical departments, lead the identification of new technology, new collaborators, and new applications of current technologies to package-based solutions.
Best Practice / Insight:
Connected to industry insight, research, and best practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of brand management/marketing experience.
- Innovation experience a plus (demonstrated ability to lead a concept from idea to shelf).
- Prior experience in the beer/alcohol industry.
- Ability to provide market-specific input on marketing strategy and plans (e.g., consumer/shopper insights) and other vital elements of broader Africa Operating Unit strategy, as necessary.
- Ability to transform brand vision/strategy into yearly brand business plans with appropriate resource needs.
- Strong cooperation abilities, including the capacity to form alliances, generate trust and credibility, and wield influence at all levels of leadership.
- Ability to lead negotiations and alignment with key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop relationships with bottlers and ensure alignment and buy-in on marketing agenda.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication abilities, including the capacity to audience-tailor messages.
- Ability to coordinate & integrate full details (calendars, resources, metrics) of local activation with Bottlers and agency partners.
- Possess the capacity to recognize the need for campaign localization or customization within the defined strategy and execution of these transcriptions with agency partners.
- Analytical and financial acumen.
What We Can Do For You:
- Work that is Challenging – Our exceptional worldwide system provides ongoing opportunities to acquire world-class talents and a truly global career.
- Iconic Brand: Work on the most recognizable brand in the world and help shape its future.
- Exposure to World-Class Leaders: Having access to top marketing figures from across the world will help you build your network and expose you to cutting-edge digital platforms and marketing insights.
- Brand Management
- Brand Strategy
Method of Application
Candidates that fit the criteria should submit an application by clicking the button below.
Deadline: June 8, 2023