Lafarge Cement (Lafarge Africa Plc) is a subsidiary of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world’s largest construction and concrete solutions firm. It is a publicly listed Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) company.
Lafarge provides diverse building and construction solutions to Nigeria and South Africa, ranging from modest projects such as individual house builds to large construction and infrastructure projects.
Interested candidates should apply for the current job opening at Lafarge Cement.
Job Specifications: Warehouse Manager
Deadline: Not Specified
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The role is responsible for managing inventory processes and ensuring the smooth running of operations with minimal disruptions.
- Warehouse installations, storage, organization, safety:Determine and plan the necessary inspection of installations, buildings, warehouse furniture and equipment to ensure an adequate area for goods storage.Assure that items are adequately protected to guarantee a long lifetime and stored in a clean, accessible, well-organized and identified place. Apply safety measures to avoid incidents of personnel and equipment.
- Coding and description of articles: Generation of the correct article identification based on the corporate equipment and spares coding system, local language description and original equipment manufacturer language description for purchasing purposes
- Definition of the amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares: Define the suitable min and max stock with the excellent owner and the purchasing strategy. Keep always available and updated information on critical spares.
- Reception and delivery of goods: Assure the inspection of all goods and coordinate the inspection with the good owner case needed, clear identification, coding and transporting to the right place in the warehouse. Looks for fast delivery as well as for strong support on preparation of all goods needed for a shut-down or significant repair in the right place at the right time
- Ensure adequate compromise between the Material Availability, its impact on Plant Operation and Optimum Stock Level, meaning the lowest sustainable Net Working Capital, at the plant / OpCo / Region level.
- The primary function of Material Requirements Planning is to supervise stocks to ensure material availability, that is, to procure the required quantities for inhouse activities. Purchasing proposals are automatically created in SAP for the Purchasing and Manufacturing departments. This goal is reached by utilizing several materials planning approaches, each of which covers a particular operation.
Management – Planning & Cost Control
- Inventory control and reporting, planning: Plan and execute inventory audits (on quantity and cost) with frequency according to materials criticality. Inform his superior and make related adjustments. Investigate reasons for differences and take actions/make suggestions to avoid repetitive errors. Plan and follow-up requests & purchasing process to ensure the 2 on-time availability of the equipment, tools, spares, and materials according to pre-defined Stock Classification. Supports the major shut-downs and major repairs actively. Inform on weekly basis goods that are not used as scheduled.
- Develop and motivate the team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs. Coach the warehouse team on specific warehouse knowledge and technics.
H&S and Environment
- Guarantee compliance with H&S, environment, local and corporate legal policies
- Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts (based on risk assessment and implementation of preventive maintenance routines on critical equipment) and establishing optimal stock levels of spare part
Innovation and continuous improvement
- Consider new techniques and/or technologies to optimize warehouse costs and improve the condition and logistics of goods
- Warehouse installations/buildings, the equipment, storage, organization, safety of goods and personnel
- Coding and description of articles
- Definition of the amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares strategy
- Inventory (value and articles) control and reporting, material requirement planning
- Reception and delivery of goods
- Department skill matrix and people development
List of Direct Reports:
- Warehouse Operative (Physical Store, Bags, Fuel and Explosives)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods issues (Maintenance Spares, Consumables & VMI)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods receiving Bags Explosive, Iron Ore, Fuel, MTCE Spares, and consumable
- Warehouse Clerk (Items Requisition) Key interfaces, stakeholders, and relationships:
- The incumbent interacts regularly with all cadres of staff.
- He/she also interacts regularly with end users
- All other departments
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Spare parts inventory value
- Inventory adjustments (value)
- Cost of carrying inventory
- Inventory accuracy
- Goods not delivered
- Inventory Turnover
- Inventory Rotation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSC/HND in Engineering or Business management
- Not less than 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP)
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Microsoft Office, SAP MM
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel, word, PowerPoint and Google applications
- Excellent time management and prioritization abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- SAP Material Management Module
- Behavioral Competence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- tactful and patient
- The ability to operate successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Motivated and resilient
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Excellent managerial abilities and the ability to organize and plan efficiently to fulfil both short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Ability to encourage individuals and teams
- Capable of coaching and leading a varied team
- Organization, problem-solving, good communication
Method of Application
Candidates who are qualified can apply by clicking on the button below.
Deadline: Not Specified