DefendDefenders invites applications from human rights organizations based in Uganda for the Ttaala Digital Skills Building Workshop 2023-2024.
Ttaala is a comprehensive skill-building project designed for human rights defenders (HRDs), providing insights into the realm of digital tools and strategies.
Participating organizations in the workshop will gain access to on-site technical guidance, continuous virtual support, and a network of creative mentors over a four-day period.
This exceptional opportunity unites human rights organizations from across Uganda, offering intensive training and networking opportunities on the strategic utilization of digital tools, encompassing data management, content development, digital security, and conducting effective online campaigns and digital outreach.
Ttaala focuses on creating lasting impact through organizational transformation. Participants and their organizations should be prepared to engage in a fast-paced program, possessing the capacity and dedication to maximize the benefits of the program.
- Apply on behalf of a human rights organization actively engaged in defending human rights in Uganda.
- Have an existing digital project or concept they aim to bring to the workshop.
- Possess the internal technical capabilities and dedicated personnel to participate effectively in the workshop.
- Demonstrate a need for data-driven campaigns and advocacy outcomes.
- Obtain full organizational support for staff participation.
- Approach the program with an open mind, ready to learn and experiment with new digital tools and concepts.
- Participants will partake in a four-day workshop with a curriculum co-developed by all participating organizations in collaboration with DefendDefenders, ensuring the learning is tailored to the group’s specific needs.
- Organizations will define and work on their projects during the workshop, receiving support and mentorship to realize their project vision.
- Participants will join the alumni network, which grants access to mentors, creatives, a mailing list, e-learning opportunities, and priority in upcoming events.
- All costs related to participating in the online workshop will be covered by DefendDefenders.
- Phase 1: Complete the application form by November 3, 2023.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted applicants will undergo interviews.
- Phase 3: If selected, participants must complete two online assignments assigned by Ttaala and provide certificates of completion.
The workshop is scheduled for January 29-31, 2024, unless otherwise communicated.
Women-led and minority-focused organizations are strongly encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ttaala Digital Skills Workshop receives generous support from the Dutch Embassy in Uganda.
For more details,
Application Deadline: November 3, 2023