MultiChoice Nigeria’s activities include the operation of Pay-TV and internet subscriber platforms.
The MultiChoice South Africa group comprises the digital satellite Pay-Television company (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995. Other companies in the group include M-Net (which provides themed channels and unique content to DStv customers) and SuperSport (which provides extensive coverage of local and worldwide sport), DStv Media Sales (which sells commercial airtime and on-air advertising), DStv Digital Media, and so on.
Applications are presently being accepted from interested and eligible individuals for the Latest Recruitment at DSTV – Multichoice Nigeria.
Job Specification: Finance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- The position will be in charge of providing financial guidance and leadership in order to meet the annual goals and objectives.
- Implement the company’s strategy and ensure long-term financial stability.
- Implement a financial planning process to deliver MultiChoice Nigeria’s business objectives.
- Continuously assess delivery/milestones in the CVM and Customer Journey Roadmaps.
- Monitoring MultiChoice Nigeria’s business performance
- Implement a financial reporting framework
- Achieve Operating Revenue
- Implement an incentive scheme to help maintain Channel Partners’ motivation to promote sales and retention
- Manage financial information of the group company in Nigeria (DTH, DTT, DStv Media Sales, MSSL)
- Appraise and advise on commercial opportunities and financial targets
- Develop and maintain effective financial models
- Balance sheet management
- Co-ordinate the planning and budgeting processes and ensure that they are integrated with business strategy
- Review monthly financial packs of respective businesses
- Implement standards, business policies, and procedures for related functional areas
- Participate in planning and conduct of the annual statutory audit
- Participate in planning and conduct of all internal audit activities
- Participate in the preparation and review process of budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Monitor MultiChoice Nigeria budgets
- Assist in the preparation of the Nigeria group business plan, budgeting, and forecast processes
- Monitor systems of internal, operational, and financial control
- Monitor financial and operational risk
- Monitor non-cash movements as required relating to treasury relationship
- Review legal contracts to ensure commercial viability and legal conformity
- Build a solid, sustainable, and robust leadership pipeline – exceptional bench strength
- Invest adequate time in finding, attracting, developing, and retaining the right people (to avoid undesirable turnover).
- Appoint the suitable leaders (at the direct report level), oversee performance, and deal with unsatisfactory performance.
- Provide direction in the areas of performance, goal definition, communication, engagement, ethics, dedication, and energy.
- Development of talent management, capacity, competency, and skills
- In charge of team strength and performance (attraction, selection, retention, and development).
- Ensure alignment with Team strength, performance, and energy-matched strategic requirements – underperformers identified, improved, or removed
- Change & transformation readiness
- Ensure the team adapts to change effectively and achieves the transformation objectives set
- Create a model for a complete, diversified, and continuous talent pipeline.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA advantageous
- ACCA or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 10 years in a Financial leadership role
- Detailed commercial and financial acumen balanced with creative flair
- Use of SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, and HFM
- Tax Management
- CA or similar qualification
- Statutory understanding (Companies Act and Tax)
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
- Management capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong negotiator
- Commercial experience
- Operational know-how and ability
- Knowledge of contract law
- Financial knowledge pertaining to the African continent
- Relationship Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision making
- Critical appraisal
- Holistic thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: Not Specified