Ecobank Transnational Incorporated, a public limited liability company, was established in 1985 as a Bank holding company as part of a private-sector initiative led by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry and supported by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce advocated and launched an initiative to establish a private, regional banking institution in West Africa. Ecopromotions S.A. was founded in 1984. ETI was founded after its owners raised seed funds for feasibility studies and promotional operations.
All competent graduates are encouraged to apply for the latest job at Ecobank Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Head, Operational Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Responsible for assisting the Bank in identifying, mitigating, and managing risk areas that may occur due to insufficient or failing internal processes, people, systems, or external events.
- He/she closely monitors operational risk metrics, regularly assesses key risk areas, partners with business units on a variety of operational risk management projects, and reports directly to both country and group management.
- Provide key support for the Bank’s Operational Risk Management strategy, culture, and framework.
- Support the development of a proactive operational risk Management culture and overall risk awareness.
- Promote the adoption of best practices and accountability in control management within the functional business units across the Bank.
- Facilitate the deployment and maintenance of Risk Control Self-Assessment, Key Risk Indicators, Loss Database Management, and other key operational risk initiatives to ensure the adequacy of controls in the Bank and their effectiveness.
- Identify, manage, strengthen, and alert management on all key residual risks and controls and update operational risk and control policies, systems, models, procedures, and tools.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business management, business support heads, and other areas of risk management.
- Act as custodian of the Bank’s operational and control policies and procedures in line with internal and external developments and ensure bank-wide awareness and adherence to procedures.
- Work closely with internal audit, compliance, and other key control functions to facilitate an integrated risk and control environment.
- Identify and provide leadership to operational risk coordinators at department, functions, and branch levels to maintain high and consistent Risk culture across the Bank.
- Enhance the operational risk framework; continuously improve and enhance the ORM framework and adapt to changing requirements to sustain a proactive operational risk culture and overall risk awareness across the Bank.
- Design capital measurement methodology for operational risk; collaborate with risk strategy and capital planning function to design appropriate capital measurement methodology for operational risk.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Technical/ Industry Specific
- Expert knowledge of key operational risk management tools, processes, and best practices;
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with the last five years in an Operational Risk Management role in banking;
- Good knowledge of Basel 2 and ERM framework;
- Demonstrate ability in quantitative analysis and due diligence reviews;
- Ability to translate Bank’s activities and operational process into control requirements;
- Project management experience, including business/process analysis, documenting gaps, and making improvement recommendations;
- Collaborative partner – Ability to interact with all functions and levels, including senior management, to achieve strategic objectives.
- Possess the capability to organize a team’s efforts to achieve results
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Relevant certification will be an added advantage, Recognized professional certifications such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- A self-starter who works well both independently as well as collaboratively;
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” Button below.
Deadline: June 13, 2023