The Falling Walls Foundation is presenting a journalist fellowship award to help international media representatives cover the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023 subjects. Selected media will be invited to Berlin on November 7-9, 2023, to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit.
The Falling Walls Foundation encourages applications from journalists who will outline their chosen topic related to the multidisciplinary agenda of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023. Successful applicants will be requested to join an exchange with renowned partner organizations and speakers at the Summit. Reporting can occur before, during, or following the Falling Walls Science Summit (7-9 November 2023).
The fellowship grant is intended to help promote independent science journalism and to boost Berlin’s international public impression as a center of scientific excellence.
Up to fifteen media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, which will be awarded as a lump sum and include accommodation expenses and the Summit ticket for the entire duration of the fellowship (6-10 November 2023).
- Applications are open to foreign and German media professionals with a demonstrated track record as journalists (freelance or employee).
- Applicants must research and publish on a topic connected to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
- There are no limitations on certain media sectors or publication formats.
- The provided fellowship grant includes accommodation and Science Summit ticket bills, excluding any further reimbursement from the Falling Walls Foundation. The Falling Walls Foundation will provide accommodations and can serve as an inviting party for visa reasons. As travel to Berlin is required, the participants must take over the travel costs.
Method of Application
Please submit your application documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1, 2023, 23:59 CEST.
- Cover letter and brief exposé/research plan (1–1.5 pages) on your desired issue, including intended publication date and media contact. Please keep in mind that the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the Summit topics. See the entire list of subjects below.
- A brief CV of your journalistic career, including journalism grants, prizes, and so on.
- Max. three instances of your scientific journalism work
For More Information,
Application Deadline: September 1 September 1 2023, 23:59 CEST.