Financial Innovations for Women Affected by Migration (FIWAM) is a Growth Program for later-stage fintech startups that have an impact focus on women migrants and women affected by migration. This project is facilitated by the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender Inclusive Fintechs (ILF for GIF) and overseen by the Impact-Linked Finance Fund. The ILF for GIF offers Impact-Linked Finance and technical help to fintech to promote a greater focus on gender transformational outcomes.
The FIWAM Growth Program will support up to 15 startups per region from Asia, MENA, and Sub-Saharan Africa over three months with personalized technical assistance that:
- Enhances growth: using experimentation methodology and key growth concepts, learn how to grow your business sustainably
- Increases your impact: through the implementation of an impact management framework that helps you track the right metrics and tell your impact story
- Strengthens network connections: through the extensive Seedstars community of mentors, experts, and international development organizations, we connect you with the right people to guide you on your entrepreneurial journey.
- Must be a for-profit organization with operations in Sub-Saharan Africa, MENA, or Asia (if your company is incorporated outside of these regions, but your operations are focused there, you ARE still eligible to apply)
- Provide a fintech solution that already serves or can potentially serve women migrants or women affected by migration.
- Have product market fit and be at the growth stage
- Woman-led companies, as well as founders who are women migrants, are highly encouraged to apply
Participate in cross-regional training sessions that help you set and achieve growth milestones through group sessions with finance and migration experts to attain investment potential and scale your impact.
One-on-one coaching with industry experts focused on helping you overcome your biggest business hurdles and increasing the reach of your financial solutions to women migrants and women affected by migration.
Match with a founder in your track, allowing for knowledge-sharing and collaboration opportunities
Exposure for yourself and your company on the program website and program marketing activities
ACCESS TO DEMO DAY EVENTS
For each regional track, we will hold roundtable discussions as well as pitch events for an audience of potential strategic and financial partners.
CONSIDERATION FOR FUNDING
All shortlisted companies will be assessed to determine their eligibility for financing from the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender-Inclusive Fintech.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: July 30th, 2023