The Female Founders Growth Program: Empowering Women-Led Tech Startups in Nigeria
The Female Founders Growth Programme, an accelerator and investment readiness initiative under the FSDH Women in Business Initiative, is dedicated to supporting and empowering women-led businesses in Nigeria. This program equips women entrepreneurs with the essential tools, opportunities, and networks needed for their businesses to thrive.
In partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and WEAV Capital, the Female Founders Growth Program is tailored to provide specialized support to female-led tech startups in Nigeria. Selected startups will participate in a world-class investment readiness program, expertly delivered by both the IFC and WEAV Capital, aimed at helping high-potential female-led tech companies secure capital.
Selected startups will benefit from a series of immersive sessions focused on enhancing their business models, refining fundraising strategies, and preparing comprehensive data rooms for potential investors. Additionally, participants will undergo intensive training in financial management, cash flow optimization, and overall investment readiness for both equity and debt funding.
Each program participant will receive:
- Matchmaking with a seasoned business coach from leading global institutions
- Access to expert office hours with subject matter experts across various domains
- Networking opportunities with prominent investors in venture capital and venture debt.
The six-week virtual program will kick off in mid-October and conclude in November, culminating in a Demo Day showcase where founders can pitch their startups to a panel of investors, accelerators, and industry leaders. The top pitch will secure non-equity funding of $10,000. Moreover, all selected startups stand a chance to receive funding from participating investors in the program.
To qualify for the program, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Have a female founder or co-founder (at least one female member on the founding team).
- Possess a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and a user base.
- Achieve annual revenues ranging from $50,000 to $1 million.
- Receive funding of less than $500,000.
- Operate for more than one year but less than five years.
- Operate as a technology-enabled business in any sector.
- Represent an early-stage (pre-seed or seed) company seeking institutional funding to propel its product to the next growth stage.
The six-week virtual program will commence in mid-October and conclude in November. Participants are expected to commit approximately 5 hours per week to the program.
The Female Founders’ Growth Programme spans six weeks and incorporates Mentorship sessions, Masterclasses, and an Investor Pitch Day. Participants will gain access to:
- A qualified and experienced faculty through Masterclasses and Mentorship Sessions.
- IFC’s Financial Management Training Programme.
- A non-equity grant of $10,000.
- A supportive peer-founder community.
- Interaction with a network of leading entrepreneurs.
- Opportunities for funding and investment.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2023, by 11:59 PM WAT.