The Global South Arts and Health initiative is dedicated to acknowledging and celebrating a diverse spectrum of individuals, encompassing emerging professionals, seasoned experts, community leaders, practitioners, visionaries, champions, advocates, influencers, policy influencers, philanthropists, scholars, educators, curators, cultural creators, entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, scientists, and researchers. These extraordinary contributors are actively advancing the accumulating evidence on the therapeutic potential of the arts within the regions of Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The Arts Envoys personify the values of nurturing arts and health initiatives, promoting equity, facilitating education, fostering collaboration, advancing scientific inquiry, and igniting sustainable creative health programs in their local communities, home countries, and globally.
Eligibility Criteria TO BE ELIGIBLE AS A GLOBAL SOUTH ARTS AND HEALTH ENVOY
Applicants must demonstrate their leadership, influence, and impact in one of the following domains:
- Advocacy and Activism in Arts and Health
- Philanthropy in Arts and Health
- Research and Policy in Arts and Health
- Education and Training in Arts and Health
- Technology and Innovation in Arts and Health
- Creative Practice in Arts and Health (Community Engagement)
- Leadership, Administration, and Management in Arts and Health
- Applicants should either be born in, work in, or have ancestral ties to Africa, Asia, or Latin America, or their descendants living in the diaspora.
- Applicants residing in the diaspora, hailing from the Global North but with ancestral affiliations to Africa, Asia, and Latin America yet to be explored, are eligible.
- Applicants are required to complete and submit a written application in the English language.
- Applicants should also provide a reference letter from a respected authority who is well-acquainted with their work. This can be a mentor, project collaborator, community leader, university professor, professional colleague, or a leader from the private, public, or non-profit sector.
- Opening Date: October 7th, 2023
- Application Deadline: November 7th, 2023.
- Selection Notification: Successful applicants will be notified between November 27th and December 7th, 2023.
- Global South Arts Envoy Media Announcement: From December 17th to December 27th, 2023
How to Apply For more details and to initiate the application process
Application Deadline: November 7th, 2023