The Hanken School of Economics is granting two scholarships for students from developing nations to pursue the Hanken two-year Master’s Degree program in Finland during the 2023-2024 academic year. Eligible candidates include degree students enrolled at GBSN member schools from developing countries as of January 3, 2023, and alumni possessing a university degree from a school located in specified countries as of January 13, 2023.
Hanken School of Economics stands as a prestigious, internationally accredited institution with an extensive history of over a century in economic and business administration education and research.
Key Highlights of the Hanken Master’s Program:
- Offers specialized tracks in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Humanitarian Logistics, or IP Law.
- A two-year MSc in Economics and Business Administration focusing on leadership and business.
- Entirely taught in English with opportunities for specialization in chosen fields and encouraged international exchange programs.
- Equips graduates with a comprehensive understanding of their major subject or program, both from an academic perspective and for future career prospects.
The Hanken School of Economics offers up to two prestigious scholarships for its 2-year Master’s Program to candidates applying from GBSN Member Schools in developing nations. The premium scholarship package entails:
- Full tuition fees for two years (equivalent to 15,000 EUR/year)
- 8,000 EUR per year allocated for living expenses
To qualify as a GBSN Scholar for the Premium Scholarship, candidates need to be a current student or an alumni of a GBSN member school by January 3, 2024.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the relevant field (with a minimum of 30 ECTS in subjects pertinent to the program specialization or track)
- Language proficiency: TOEFL ≥ 92, IELTS ≥ 6.5, PTE Academic ≥ 62 or CPE ≥ C)
- Admission test requirement: GMAT score of at least 550 or GRE scores in Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning; at least 150 in analytical Writing; at least 3.5
- Submission of a Letter of Motivation and CV
The application documents are evaluated by the MSc program coordinator based on the following criteria:
- Academic proficiency and skills (weighted at 100%) were assessed based on the breadth, content, and achievement of prior relevant studies. The CV is considered in this evaluation.
- Consequently, candidates are not ranked solely on the GPA of their degree but on the comprehensiveness, content, and success across all relevant studies (degree studies, other relevant studies, etc.) pertinent to the intended program
The academic evaluation utilizes a scale ranging from 1.00 to 5.00, determining the applicants’ rankings within each program for admission based on their total score.
For Further Details,
Application Deadline: January 17, 2024