Paying international tuition fees from Nigeria used to be easy until the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) discontinued sales of foreign exchange (FX). This made it difficult for Bureau De Change (BDC) operators to source FX and resell it to parents and students who need it for international payments.
As a result, international transactions such as paying educational fees, immigration fees, and medical fees became complicated, with most requiring six to eight weeks to complete at traditional banks. But is there a way out of this? Can I pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria without waiting weeks or sourcing for forex?
Yes, there’s a way — you can conveniently pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria without ever having to source for foreign exchange. Plus, you won’t need to queue at banks, fill out forms, or wait weeks to process your fees.
This article explains “How to pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria” most conveniently and safely.
The Old Way of Paying UK Tuition Fees From Nigeria: CBN Form A
The CBN Form A is a payment service designed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to help international students process their academic fees abroad. Students can get the form from any Nigerian bank, such as Zenith Bank, First Bank, UBA, Stanbic IBTC, or Fidelity Bank, fill it out, and submit it for processing.
Here’s how it works:
- You fund your bank account with the exact tuition amount to be paid, including bank charges.
- You visit your bank with your school’s conditional offer letter, passport, and payment instructions.
- You request form A from the customer care rep, fill in your details, and submit accordingly.
Completing these steps helps the bank process your payment within 7 – 14 days. But, unfortunately, this is no longer possible considering the issue of forex scarcity. Here’s what you need to know about forex scarcity and the downside of waiting for CBN form A.
The Downside of Paying UK Tuition Fees Using Cbn Form A
Processing time is a major challenge in paying UK tuition using CBN Form A. According to Cable News, banks will take 120 days (four months) to process international tuitions, subject to forex availability. In other words, banks might delay payment for more than four months, pending when there’s enough forex to initiate your transaction.
What could go wrong? First, you risk losing your admission. For most foreign universities, conditional admission offers come with an enrollment deadline. This means that anyone who fails to meet the deadline automatically loses their admission.
Second, you’re likely to start the whole application process afresh. Seeking admission abroad is a challenging feat. It requires money, time, proper research, and much trial and error. The process is cumbersome and shouldn’t be experienced twice.
With these downsides in mind, what’s the best alternative to CBN Form A? How can you skip the CNB form A and get your UK tuition processed in minutes?
The Best Way to Pay UK Tuition Fees From Nigeria
One of the best ways to pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria is to use a payment platform like Pay4Me. Pay4Me is a one-stop solution for international students from Africa looking to process their educational and immigration-related fees abroad. On the app, students can pay their tuition deposits, wes, sevis, visa, and school application fees without filling any paper forms — or sourcing for forex.
Step-by-Step Guide to Pay UK Tuition Fees From Nigeria via Pay4Me
1. Download the app and register: Visit the App Store or Play Store to download the Pay4Me App. Once downloaded, register using your full name, phone number, and country of residence. You’ll get a verification code to complete your registration
2. Begin your payment: You’ll need to navigate to “payments” to initiate your transaction. Under “Payments,” click pay-a-school and select tuition. Choose your destination currency (in this case, GBP) and enter your school fee amount.
3. Provide payment instructions: You’ll be provided fields to enter your payment details. Ensure to correctly enter your information, including your student email, full name, school portal link, student ID, portal password, and other information.
4. Pay your tuition: Complete your tuition fee payment by paying through bank transfer, ussd, or credit card. Pay4Me will process your payment within 24 hours or less.
Is Pay4Me Safe to Use?
Yes, Pay4Me is safe to use. It uses top-notch security protocols to protect your payment details and personal information.
Is Pay4Me Affordable?
Yes, Pay4Me is affordable. The platform offers low transaction fees and competitive exchange rates. Plus, you won’t need to worry about hidden charges or fees.
Paying UK tuition fees from Nigeria has become more challenging in recent times due to forex scarcity. However, with Pay4Me, international students can conveniently and safely pay their tuition fees without the stress of sourcing for forex or waiting weeks to process their payment. We hope this article has helped you on how to pay UK tuition fees from Nigeria.
FAQ on How to Pay UK Tuition Fees From Nigeria
How Long Does It Take for Cbn to Approve Form A?
CBN takes 120 days or more to approve form A, depending on forex availability.
How Do International Students Pay Tuition Fees in the UK?
International students from Nigeria pay tuition fees in the UK using a reliable payment platform like Pay4Me. It’s convenient, safe, and fast.
How Do I Pay My Tuition Fees UK?
You can pay your tuition fees in the UK through instant bank transfer, credit card, or ussd via the Pay4Me App.
- Learn How to Improve Your Chances of Approval for a Canadian Study Permit
- How to avoid WES Fee Scams in Nigeria
- 5 easy steps to get a new passport if yours is lost
- International Student’s Guide: How to Pay Your Tuition Abroad From Nigeria
- 8 Best Places to Live in Canada for Nigerian Immigrants
- How to Pay UCAS Application Fee for International Students