Collaboration with faculty, students, and universities is of utmost importance to IBM. The IBM Masters Fellowship Program strengthens this collaboration by recognizing and supporting outstanding Master’s students aspiring to make significant contributions to promising and disruptive technologies, irrespective of their field of study. Eligible candidates may currently be enrolled in Master’s programs across various disciplines, including the sciences, arts, nursing, business, and law, among others, with a focus on the following topics of particular interest:
In its 4th year, the IBM Masters Fellowship Program aims to increase the representation of minority students from underprivileged backgrounds in the specified science fields of interest. It encourages a diverse applicant pool from historically Black colleges and universities in the United States.
Benefits: The one-year IBM Masters Fellowships are granted to students from historically black colleges and universities in the United States. US country award: $10,000 for a single award year
- Students must secure a nomination from a faculty member and be enrolled as full-time students in a Master’s program.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 6 months remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination.
- The selection of award recipients will be based on their overall potential for excellence, the alignment of their interests with those of IBM, and their academic progress to date. This will be substantiated by endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
- Students who are currently benefiting from a comparable fellowship provided by another company or institution (excluding academic scholarships) during the same academic period funded by IBM may not be eligible for an IBM Masters Fellowship.
- It is essential to include the university credential email addresses in the nomination form.
- Award recipients will be chosen based on their overall potential for educational excellence, the extent to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their progress thus far, as demonstrated by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
Application Procedure: For detailed information regarding the application process, kindly visit the [Official Webpage]
Application Deadline: October 27, 2023.