Calling All Journalists: Enter the ILO Global Media Competition on Fair Labour Migration Coverage
The International Labour Organization (ILO) invites journalists to showcase outstanding media coverage on the crucial topic of labour migration and fair recruitment. With the launch of its ninth annual Global Media Competition, the ILO seeks to recognize media reports that offer fair and well-balanced perspectives on labour migration. It is essential to counteract negative and stereotypical narratives that can perpetuate discrimination and mistreatment of migrant workers, including forced labour, and disrupt social harmony.
- Eligibility: Open to both professional and student journalists, with evaluations by a panel of international migration and journalism experts.
- Judging Criteria: Entries will be evaluated based on creativity, accuracy, fairness, and the positive representation of labour migration, encompassing the multifaceted lives of migrant workers.
- Prizes: Three professional prizes and one student prize will be awarded. Winners can choose between a cash prize of US$1,200 (professional category) or US$500 (student category), or a fully funded fellowship to participate in an online ITC-Turin Course on fair recruitment, forced labor, or labor migration in 2024.
How to Participate:
- Complete the online entry form and submit your work in various formats, including written press, photo essay, multimedia, podcast, video, or radio.
- Submissions in any language are welcome but must include an English, French, or Spanish translation. Students can submit either published or unpublished media pieces.
- Submission Deadline: October 31, 2023, at 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
- December 2023: Winners of the competition will be announced in celebration of International Migrants Day.
For additional details and to apply,
Please visit the official webpage.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023.