Since 1998, the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program has been a beacon of hope for Nigerian students, offering them full scholarships generously funded by Mr. Jim Ovia himself. This initiative is dedicated to providing financial support to exceptional young Nigerians.
Formerly known as the MUSTE scholarship, this program extends approximately 100 new opportunities annually to aspiring scholars. Renewing applicants also receive ongoing support, provided they meet the scholarship’s eligibility criteria.
Mr. Jim Ovia’s commitment to this cause is exemplified by his investment of over 100 Million Naira since October 2010, benefiting more than 1,500 scholars and counting.
The essence of the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship is to nurture a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete on the global stage. These scholars are envisioned to bring forth new ideas, creativity, and a strong commitment to improving the lives and circumstances of their communities.
Successful recipients of the 2023 Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship will receive comprehensive support throughout their undergraduate studies, encompassing:
- Tuition fees
- Living stipends amounting to N150,000.00
To qualify for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Nigerian citizens
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Demonstrate academic excellence and leadership qualities
- Exhibit a passion for contributing to society
- Scholarships are awarded based on personal intellectual prowess, leadership potential, and dedication to making a positive impact on society.
Documents Required for Application:
Applicants are required to submit the following documents when applying for the 2023 Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship:
- Completed application form (Personal Details)
- Valid Government-issued ID Card
- An original letter (not photocopied) from your school or head of Department detailing your full name, course title, department of study, CGPA, gender, and matriculation number
- For newly matriculated students without a matriculation number or school ID, a provisional admission letter to your institution of study
- A valid student ID from your host university or college
- A clear passport photograph
- Original WAEC/NECO result
- Original JAMB result
- Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID, except for minors below the age of 18 who are unable to obtain a government ID. In such cases, a birth certificate will be accepted.
- Applicants must ensure that all required documents are submitted for their application to be reviewed. They can track their application status online through their MUSTE account.
- There is no application fee for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship. Applicants should watch for email notifications regarding their application and its processing. The submission of false or forged documents will result in disqualification and future ineligibility.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email, so it’s essential to monitor email communications. Ensure all details are accurate, and all documents are ready before submitting your application, as editing is not permitted after submission.
- The Jim Ovia Foundation envisions that its scholarship recipients will evolve into leaders addressing challenges in healthcare, technology, and finance, areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: October 17, 2023.