Boomplay aims to create Africa’s largest and most resilient digital music ecosystem for artists and content providers. As of January 2020, the Boomplay app had over 68 million users and was named “Best African App” at the 2017 “AppsAfrica Awards.” It is currently the biggest and fastest-growing music app in Africa, with a catalog of 20 million songs and videos, which is still growing daily.
Applications are currently accepted from interested candidates to fill the job vacancy at Boomplay Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Finance Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Exceptional ability to deal with external stakeholders, including FIRS, LIRS, and Auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Familiar with tax and statutory compliances & Keep track of the latest change in tax and statutory compliances
- Ensuring all statutory returns, thus CIT, WHT, VAT, PAYE, etc. are filed accurately and timeously.
- In charge of all government filings(TCC filing, LIRS annual filing, Annual Tax filing
- Financial Statement Audit, Annual Tax filing, Annual Transfer Pricing filing, CAFA filing, etc.)
- Managing monthly financial closing process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and corrective actions on deviations
- Collaborating with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Executing timely bank payments, administration of bank accounts, and account reconciliations.
- Processing invoices and contacting appropriate parties for timely payment receipt.
- Auditing and examining employee expense documentation and identifying financial discrepancies where applicable.
- Company representation, filings, and upholding of strict compliance with federal, state and local government regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, a solid comprehension of accounting principles (IFRS).
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- 1+ year of internet/technology industry experience and experience with resolving tax issues preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP systems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; result-driven, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to support departments to achieve optimal results.
Method of Application
All competent graduates are encouraged to forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: June 30, 2023