Global Bank Group The World Bank Group (WBG), which was founded in 1944, is one of the leading global providers of finance and information for development solutions. The World Bank Group committed $67 billion to its members and private firms in loans, grants, equity investments, and guarantees during the 2018 fiscal year, of which $24 billion was concessional financing for its poorest members.
We assist developing nations in achieving sustainable growth by funding investment, raising resources in international financial markets, and offering corporate and government advisory services.
Interested and eligible individuals are asked to submit applications for the role of driver at World Bank Group.
Job Specifications: Driver
Deadline: June 1, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: SSCE – NCE – OND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Be responsible for driving safely and efficiently IFC vehicles and authorized passengers to approved appointments, airport collections, project visits, and wherever necessary as specified by the Office Administrator. Responsible for
- delivering and collecting mail, documents, and other items as may be agreed with the Office Administrator.
- Ensures that all safety regulations, security operating procedures, and standard UN procedures are followed and met for all intra and inter-city transport services. Ensures that all mandated security-related equipment is always present and operational in the vehicles and that all required documentation is always present.
- Responsible for following all steps required by rules and regulations necessary for accidents or other incidents involving IFC vehicles or their passengers.
- Access necessary software applications and carry out instructions given as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicles for promptly scheduled maintenance and reporting all vehicles’ general performance to the Office Administrator.
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean daily, externally and internally, including the engine compartment. Also checks general wear and tear of exterior and interior fittings of the vehicles and reports to the Office Administrator.
- Inspect vehicles daily for tire pressures, engine oil, brake fluid, radiator, coolant, fuel level, battery water level, and other requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with a spare tire(s), tool kit, jack, wheel spanner, tow rope, jump leads, a set of necessary fan belts, fire extinguisher, and first aid toolbox.
- To accurately log all mileage covered (using the vehicle movement log sheet provided), state reasons for any journeys made, and ensure Office Administrator signs off the authorizations of all vehicle movements.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as assigned by the Office Administrator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of driving experience; defensive driving skills training will be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written), and English knowledge will be an advantage.
- Have good knowledge of the city of Lagos and other surrounding areas.
- Good driving record references.
- Proactive, takes ownership, mature, flexible personality.
- Team player, good people skills, ability to work with people from different countries, and a strong client focus.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: June 1, 2023