The British Council is the United Kingdom’s institution for worldwide cultural connections and educational opportunities. We are a UK charity controlled by Royal Charter and a UK public entity founded in 1934.
The British Council is dedicated to assisting all employees in ensuring their behavior is compatible with this commitment. We provide a welcoming and motivating atmosphere for our employees.
Interested and eligible individuals are invited to apply for the position of Logistics Officer at the British Council of Nigeria. See the table below.
Job Specification: CMR and Logistics Officer
Deadline: June 6, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- The objective of this function is to assist in the safe handling of confidential documents in line with compliance rules during the country’s/location’s numerous exchanges.
- This contains activity and movement linked to the major storage facility, the Confidential Materials Room (CMR).
- Principal accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set-up and day-to-day operations
- Receives and answers client inquiries and may function as a contact point for queries pertaining to a designated area of expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refer them accordingly
- Carries out instructions and requests from Cluster operations and Operations Manager efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carries out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Manages courier SLA/performance standards and builds relationships with courier service providers in the country so that quality of services and cost elements follow standards.
- Plans and prioritizes personal work tasks that span many work streams, reacting to changing and sometimes competing needs to guarantee successful delivery of duties across a weekly/monthly time horizon.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working in an operations environment managing confidential materials
- Working in a challenging environment operating against very tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Has the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. exam boards)
- Working experience in a high volume, hectic operational environment, delivering on time
- Experience managing teams
- Minimum requirements:
- Experience in supporting the delivery of computer-based exams
- Experience in managing logistics and procurement
- Salary: NGN 7,363,086.00 per annum plus benefits.
Method of Application
Any Qualified Candidates who meet the qualifications should apply by clicking the button below.
Deadline: June 6, 2023