Ecobank (ETI), a public limited liability corporation, was established in 1985 to function as a bank holding company as part of a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry and sponsored by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce advocated and launched an initiative to establish a private, regional banking institution in West Africa. Ecopromotions S.A. was founded in 1984. Its initial stockholders provided seed funds for feasibility studies and promotional initiatives that led to the establishment of ETI.
Ecobank Nigeria Entry Level Job applications are being accepted from interested and eligible applicants.
Branch Audit Officer I
Deadline: May 24, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Audit of branches in line with the risk- based audit plan and ensuring reporting and escalation of exceptions and following up with audit clients for prompt resolution of issues raised while on the field.
- Rendering support to the Senior Auditor on the preparation of audit programs.
- Assisting with risk assessment preparation and control checklists of branches to be audited to ascertain areas of focus in the audit/inspection to be done.
- Planning with the Senior Auditor pre-audit and exit meetings with stakeholders of branches audited to resolve issues of concern in the areas inspected and to chart a way forward for the Bank.
- Identifying areas of potential loss/loan loss provision in the branches audited for management action.
- Check to see that the open items in branch GL accounts are current and accurately depict the transactions they include.
- Ensure prompt resolution of open issues in previous audit reports, Audit and Risk Review (ARR), management letters, regulatory reports, and other statutory examiners’ reports involving branches.
- Preparing quality audit reports based on audit observations and evidence.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide control and compliance counseling, advisory, and decision support services to branches.
- Ensure achievement of the current quality standards bank-wide and Ecobank’s core values as well as promote a high-quality standard.
- Articulate policies and procedures in line with developments in order to minimize fraud levels.
- Maintain proper records of audit working papers for the bank for reference purposes and to meet the requirements of external auditors and regulators.
- Ensure achievement of the current quality standards bank-wide as well as promote a high-quality standard
- Conducting of spot checks with other members of the Audit team on specific issues and areas of the Bank as instructed by the Audit Team Lead and Manager, Branch Audit as the need arises.
- Conducting of surprise cash audits in the branches.
- Training of staff in the branches on the Operations and Policy Manual (OPM), Bank policies, et cetera when a location is visited or as the need arises.
- Carrying out investigation assignments on the field as the need arises.
- Any other function as assigned by the Manager, Branch Audit, and Branch Audit Team Leads.
- Branches, Cash Centres, NACA Centres, Netposts, and Teller implants
- External auditors and Regulators
- Motivate, share ideas, and provide on-the-job training for branches
- Value addition to aid process improvement and minimize errors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of second-class lower in the first degree is required. (MBA, MSC, MA, ML, and/or Professional Qualifications are an additional advantage)
- 2 years or more in a similar position must have been spent working.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain high-level writing skills
- A probing mind
- Analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Personalities and attributes
- Paying attention to details
- Honest, punctual, trustworthy, and very hardworking
- Always ready to add value to the system
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates for “Ecobank Nigeria Entry Level Job” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: May 24, 2023