Frigoglass is the global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers (ICM) sector and the primary provider of glass packaging in 19 high-growth markets across five continents.
The Nigeria Operations has a head office in Lagos, factories in Delta, Ogun, and Oyo States, and a staff of over a thousand employees with varied competencies and backgrounds.
We are now providing an exceptional opportunity for competent candidates to apply for the position of supervisor at Frigoglass Nigeria.
Job Specifications: Finance Supervisor – Tax & Insurance
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- The role will support the tax, other statutory, and regulatory engagements to deliver quality services and minimize costs.
- Preparation of Withholding Taxes (WHT) with respect to Federal and State Government for the Company.
- Ensure reconciliation of Withholding Credit with Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) tax pro max portal.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure Value Added Tax (VAT) paid to them is remitted to Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) promptly in order to claim Input Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Liaise with auditors to attend to matters relating to tax and other statutory matters.
- Attend to and resolve all issues relating to Withholding Taxes (WHT) and credit notes.
- Raise a memo to indicate the details of tax remittances for the month and ensure the authorized signatories duly sign this.
- Check the Value Added Tax (VAT) input account for non-Vatable items wrongly posted into the account.
- Preview the account and check for errors, and if any exist, raise necessary journals to reclassify the account regarding non-Vatable items.
- Liaise with various tax authorities and banks to reconcile issues on tax matters.
- Assist in the preparation and remittance of company income tax, education tax, taxes on technical fees, management fees, dividends, and any other taxes as may be required.
- Transfer pricing regulations; Collate documents and reports from the database for transfer pricing disclosure from returns to Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
- Statutory financial reporting: assist in preparing schedules and analysis for review for inclusion in the Company’s quarterly and annual audited financial reports.
- Export Expansion Grant (EEG); support in documentation for baseline data for Export Expansion Grant (EGG) for the Company.
- Legal matters: support in follow-up on contract and agreement review with the Company’s legal counsel.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Having a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting or a similar discipline is required.
- Membership of ICAN and ACA is compulsory
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision or any other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Presentation
- Good team working and technical skills
- Good Interpersonal, Verbal, and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: July 14, 2023