The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), established in 2000, is dedicated to fostering the rapid, balanced, and sustainable development of the Niger Delta region. We are inviting applications from qualified individuals for our Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme, aimed at equipping young talents from the Niger Delta with the necessary training and skills. This program enhances their participation in the Federal Government’s local content initiative and allows them to gain expertise in their respective fields, thus enabling them to compete globally in various professional disciplines.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Hail from the Niger Delta Region
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a First Class, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division classification.
- Initial Application: Interested candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on criteria including WASSCE/NECO results, undergraduate degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower), and local government identification.
- Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will participate in a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
- Further Shortlisting: Successful test-takers will proceed to the next stage.
- Final Verification: The candidates’ final verification will be conducted through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
- Scholarship amount based on the prevailing Naira exchange rate
- Required Application Documents: recent passport photograph, local government ID, overseas university admission letter, relevant degrees from recognized universities, NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Upon form completion, a registration number will be automatically assigned
- Shortlisted candidates will be announced on the NDDC website, with further participation in a Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- The NDDC will not communicate with candidates who were not shortlisted for the CBT or those who were not invited for oral interviews or were unsuccessful during oral interviews.
- Preferences given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas meeting the approved cut-off mark.
- Courses will be fairly distributed among beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, changing of institution, and altering of the course are not allowed.
- The Commission holds the sole and absolute discretion for selection based on the stated criteria.
For inquiries, please contact the Director of Education, Health & Social Services, NDDC Mobile: +234(0)9137806550, +234(0)9049409391.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2023.
For additional information,