The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is proud to announce the commencement of its 2023 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme, aimed at empowering Niger Deltans with essential training and skills for active engagement in the Federal Government’s Local Content program. This initiative also paves the way for them to compete globally across various professional domains.
As the NDDC stays committed to its mission of fostering the sustainable development of the Niger Delta, aspiring for economic prosperity, social stability, ecological regeneration, and political harmony, it extends warm wishes to all applicants. The Commission eagerly anticipates welcoming the scholars, who will play a pivotal role in shaping a brighter future for the region.
- For those pursuing a Master’s Degree, a first degree with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division is required.
- PhD candidates must possess a good Master’s Degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants should have secured admission to a Post Graduate Programme in one of the listed disciplines at a foreign university.
- Students who have already enrolled in overseas universities are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide a guarantor’s written consent of good conduct. Guarantors can be individuals from the applicant’s community or clan, including:
- Chairman of the Local Government Area (LGA)
- A Member of the National Assembly or State House of Assembly
- First-Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Individuals with evidence of cult membership or a criminal record will not be considered for the award.
- Candidates are required to have finished their compulsory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Eligible applicants should be natives of one of the following states in Niger Delta, Nigeria: Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State, and Rivers State.
Rigorous Selection Process:
- Candidates will undergo a thorough selection process that includes preliminary shortlisting, a computer-based test in Rivers State, and final verification conducted through respective Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
- The scholarship value will be calculated according to the current exchange rate of the naira.
Application Documents Required:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Postgraduate admission letter from a recognized international university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Application Procedure: To apply,
click here: Apply for NDDC Scholarship
- Applicants should complete the online application form on the Commission’s website with all the necessary documents.
- A registration number will be automatically assigned to successfully completed applications.
- It is recommended to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgement for reference.
- All selected candidates will be listed on the NDDC website.
Contact Information: For further inquiries, please reach out to:
- Director, Education, Health, and Social Services, NDDC
- Mobile: +234(0)9137806550, +234(0)9049409391
- E-mail: email@example.com
For Additional Information
To Apply: Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: December 2, 2023