The British High Commission (BHC) facilitates international possibilities for people and fosters global trust.
Applications from people of all backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged. We do not discriminate on the basis of veteran status, age, gender identity, religion, race, color, or other legally protected characteristics. Where operational and security requirements permit, we support flexible work arrangements that support families.
The British High Commission of Nigeria is accepting applications from qualified and interested applicants for the position of clearance assistant.
Job Specification: Entry Clearance Assistant AO
Deadline: June 7, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
Every year, UK Visas and Immigration makes millions of judgments on who has the right to visit or remain in the United Kingdom, strongly emphasizing national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for those who wish to come lawfully. In Nigeria, UK Visas and Immigration has two hubs that handle visa customers. More than 160,000 Nigerians visit the UK annually for pleasure, family, business, and education. The Entry Clearance Assistant position ensures that UKVI Africa meets our worldwide customer service standards to process visa applications within agreed-upon timescales.
The job holder will execute general office administrative activities and contribute to the smooth operation of the visa operation center. The chosen individual must be able to handle administrative tasks from various digital platforms and be adaptable enough to shift across departments as needed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Print materials for cases referred to the UKVI Decision Making Centres (DMCs);
- Manage the passport bank’s content, security, and integrity to ensure an organized and efficient process following guidelines and security regulations.
- Follow up on cases, request enrichment activities, and give prompt attention to DMCs. All calls and transcripts are performed professionally and thoroughly.
- Receive, record, and follow up on all overturned cases and monitor the Keep My Passport service by commenting on databases and communicating with our commercial partner following approved processes.
- Manage the dispatch process, handle any complaints or service failures reported to the VAC, and escalate continuing issues to a Team Leader.
- Manage logistics for UKVI workers and guests, including hotel reservations, flights, and transportation for official travel in and out of Abuja.
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities to assist the British High Commission and UKVI with business delivery.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic IT knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel are required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management abilities are required.
- Outstanding customer service and attention to detail.
- English proficiency, both written and spoken.
Qualifications, abilities, and experience desired
- Previous employment experience in a Visa Section or an official government agency.
Salary: USD 1,576.87
Method of Application
Qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the button below.
Deadline: June 7, 2023