The Nanyang Scholarship, NTU’s premier undergraduate scholarship, is your key to a world-class education. It’s bestowed upon exceptional freshmen embarking on their undergraduate journeys. This prestigious award recognizes students who demonstrate outstanding academic prowess, exceptional leadership potential, and impressive co-curricular achievements. As you aspire to join the ranks of NTU’s brightest minds, remember that preparation is vital at every step of the application and interview process.
The Nanyang Scholarship offers a myriad of advantages, ensuring your academic and personal growth.
- Full Coverage: The scholarship covers subsidized tuition fees (after the Tuition Grant).
- Living Allowance: Enjoy a generous living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation Support: Receive an accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (for scholarship holders residing in NTU hostels).
- Global Experience: Embark on overseas programmes with a travel grant of up to S$5,000 (subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form).
- Technology Empowerment: Receive a one-off computer allowance of S$1,750.
- No Bond: The Nanyang Scholarship doesn’t entail any bond, except for the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
To maintain this esteemed scholarship, scholars must adhere to these guidelines:
- Exclusive Scholarship: Scholarship holders must not concurrently hold other scholarships, bursaries, university loans, or awards without the University’s approval.
- Academic Excellence: Maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0, with academic performance reviewed every semester.
- Ambassadorial Role: Engage in student ambassador roles, representing the university in activities such as giving publicity talks and receiving guests.
- Academic Progress: The scholarship may be withdrawn if the scholar’s progress or behavior is considered unsatisfactory.
- Early Termination: If a scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment obligation applies.
Key information regarding the application process:
- Interview Period: Scholarship selection interviews will be conducted from March to May.
- Interview Notifications: Only shortlisted scholarship applicants will receive interview notifications via e-mail by mid-May. Therefore, check your email frequently and be ready for a short-notice interview.
- Specific Programmes: Applicants for the Medicine or Renaissance Engineering Programmes should confirm their scholarship application outcomes with their respective schools.
Prepare the following essential documents for your application:
- Personal Statement: A succinct personal statement (limited to 300 words).
- Passport-Size Photo: Provide a recent digital passport-size photo.
- Referee’s Appraisal: Include a referee’s appraisal in your application.
For a detailed application process,
Don’t miss the opportunity to make your mark at NTU and unleash your potential. For further details, Visit the Official Webpage.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023.