Nestle Nigeria Plc – We improve people’s lives worldwide, every day as the leading nutrition, health, and Wellness Company. Life enhancement will affect all we do together.
Global benefits come from a presence in over 130 countries and factories in over 80 research centers. We value long-term professional growth and understand how difficulties and motivation may help you succeed. In its hiring practices, Nestlé Nigeria Plc respects non-discrimination and equal employment opportunities.
The following positions are open:
- Corporate Counsel
We are hiring a Corporate Counsel to drive compliance with applicable laws affecting the company’s operations, protect Nestlé’s interests in commercial transactions by preparing and vetting legal documents, manage and resolve disputes, and provide legal advice to the Company, Business Units, and Functions.
- Prepare or evaluate all contracts, documentation, and communications to limit Nestlé’s risk and secure favorable commercial terms.
- Safeguarding Nestlé’s proprietary rights (intellectual property, brand equity, trademarks) by supporting and ensuring information flow between essential stakeholders (Security, Management Committee (ManCom), Legal, Regulatory, and Business Units) to investigate counterfeiting operations.
- Handle Nestlé Nigeria Trust (CPFA) Ltd.’s Board and Committee meetings by producing board papers, taking minutes, preserving records, and submitting regulatory agency reports.
- Offer legal advice and direction to the Company and its Business Units to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Offer legal counsel and support for consumer complaint handling, including crisis management meetings.
- Responsible for dispute management and resolution relating to Business Units within his/her portfolio by liaising with external counsel, developing case management strategy, preparing or
- Reviewing all court documents to be filed on behalf of Nestlé, attending court on behalf of Nestlé, maintaining a database of all active cases, and updating the Company Secretary.
- Sensitizing and educating personnel on Anticorruption & Data Privacy, Food Law, and other applicable laws, policies, legal, and other concerns impacting them and/or the organization in these areas
- The Corporate Counsel supports stakeholders in trademark registration, General License Agreement renewal, and necessary permit and license applications and renewals.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser.
Success: What Makes You?
- Minimum of an LL.B (Second Class) and B.L (Second Class) from the Nigerian Law School.
- 7–10 years of relevant experience in commercial practice, dispute resolution, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Law firm litigation background (s).
- Member of the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Good grasp of Nigeria’s legal system, regulatory, and compliance best practices.
- Corporate Secretaryship and Governance expertise
- A great communicator with stakeholder relations.
- Ability to prioritize and cooperate with stakeholders under tight timelines.
- Extremely forceful with decorum, great persuasive and bargaining abilities.
2. Project Safety, Health & Environment Officer (SHE Officer)
Job Location: Ogun, Agbara
Inspiring and encouraging excellence in safety, health, and environmental sustainability throughout the site/unit is the role of the Project Safety, Health, and Environment Officer.
The SHE Officer will build the Site/Unit SH&E OMP and drive its implementation using the Nestlé S&H Management System (NSMS). They will also provide leadership throughout the site/unit to help contractors and employees achieve their SH&E goals and take pleasure in their accomplishments.
- Encourage Change: Develop a compelling knowledge of Nestlé SH&E values and motivate stakeholders to excel in compliance and continually improve using NCE Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream). Promote a behavioral approach to SH&E based on Nestlé Leadership Framework.
- Develop Strategy: Determine SH&E priorities, present and future difficulties, and site/unit change possibilities. Create a comprehensive strategy and execution plan that aligns with Market priorities and the site/unit OMP. Guide strategy execution and communication.
- Build SH&E Networks: Create and organize site/unit SH&E networks of professionals, advocates, and SMEs. Enhance their functional and leadership skills and provide strong succession plans for key S&H jobs.
- Improve Manager Capability: Provide training and coaching to managers and team leaders to assist them to lead and manage S&H in their areas of responsibility. Coach and assist Site/Unit Management Team.
- Provide managers with credible S&H advice and assistance. Find and share knowledge and best practices from inside and beyond Nestlé.
- Offer Support: Coordinate internal and external resources to provide high-quality and efficient S&H assistance, such as exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, and training. Use SHE-PM and other tools to analyze performance and make better decisions.
- Audit & Review: Regularly audit compliance and performance, using the results to improve. Facilitate effective communication of triumphs and learnings and appreciation of great performers and contributors.
Success: What Makes You?
- NEBOSH Accredited (Preferably)
- Management experience
- Impact department/team behavior.
- Can lead and work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to implement policies and norms.
- FMCG experience will help.
- Working in an operational context.
- Safety & Health leadership experience.
- The expertise of complicated issue analysis to uncover various fundamental causes.
- Coach people and teams in many settings.
- Organizing and communication skills
- Very proactive