PAGES are excited to announce the availability of a new fellowship opportunity for early-career African scientists who are interested in researching previous global shifts.
The program’s goal is to provide modest financial aid for travel and subsistence expenses to early-career academics from African countries (Ph.D. students and postdocs in African institutions) who are interested in acquiring experience in another African country. The ultimate objective is to make a contribution to the expansion of collaborative research and the growth of the paleoscience network in Africa.
Eligibility: All of the following requirements need to be met in order to be considered for the PAGES Inter-Africa Mobility Research Fellowship:
- Be an early-career researcher, which means that you are either in the last stage of completing your Ph.D. thesis or dissertation, or you are a postdoctoral researcher who completed your Ph.D. less than five years ago (including those with PhDs but no postdoc experience).
- Be enrolled in an educational institution or working in paid employment in their native country both at the time of the application and throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be citizens of any African nation and either currently employed by an African institution or pursuing a Ph.D. at an African university.
- Already be engaged in research on a topic that is within the purview of PAGES’ scientific mission.
- Be open to conducting research at other African institutions or in other African countries.
- As a prerequisite for the provision of the fellowship, the applicant is required to obtain the consent of the researcher or institution serving as the host, as well as supply a letter of affirmation from the researcher or institution serving in this capacity.
- Provide evidence that the duration of the fellowship will not be fewer than two weeks or more than four weeks during a period of one year starting from the day the grant was given.
African countries are included in this category.
The purpose of the program is to provide financial assistance to fellows in order to defray the costs of international travel and living expenses while they are away from home. This includes the cost of the fellow’s flight (in economy class), visa, and accommodation (subsistence and housing) charges for the duration of the exchange. The amount awarded will not be put toward paying for the recipient’s insurance premiums. PAGES cannot be held liable in any circumstance in which the candidate is unable to travel, including but not limited to the cancellation of their flight.
Total Amount of Awards Received: Not Mentioned is the
The fellowships will be offered for a relatively brief period of time, ranging from two to four weeks in total duration. Once awarded, recipients have up to a year to accept their fellowship and put it to use; nevertheless, the fellowship must be put to use within that time frame.
Application Procedure: Awardees are chosen based on the merit and quality of their applications, which must include the following requirements in order to be considered:
- A completely filled-out application form, containing the following:
– A description of the planned travel and research (no more than one thousand words). Please explain how the goals and aspirations of this fellowship relate to the scientific scope of PAGES.
– A description (no more than 200 words long) of the influence that the fellowship had on the development of your professional competence and the relevance that this had for your home institution or country.
– The schedule and the results of the project (duration of up to one month).
– Detailed budget in USD.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from the academic supervisor currently working at the home university, and the other from the supervisor working at the host institution.
- A curriculum vitae that highlights the most significant academic and professional accomplishments (maximum of two pages).
Then, after you have finished filling out the application form, you should email it to email@example.com with the subject line “Application PAGES International Mobility Research Fellowship.”
Date limit for receipt of applications: August 18th, 2023